Changing land textures on a full sin when running no basic shader on your viewer ?

Tyrath

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4157 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As one who has a full sim with full rights I have a ? About the land textures . I know you can change them from low to high and set the Elevations for when they kick in works great with Basic shade-rs on love the look . But is there a way to set those same #s when one can not run basic shade-rs ? It seem there the first two boxes are the only one that show up on the land .

The way you texture terrain has not changed since I have been in SL.  I came to SL way before there were such things as basic shaders.  Basic shaders will only effect the look of the terrain not the number of textures you see. Basic shaders only effect your view too, not any one else's. If you only see two textures without basic shaders on something is wrong on your end. 

First I'd do a clean reinstall of your viewer.  If that doesn't work look at you graphics card for problems.

Last summer I all of the sudden had a problem on my sim.  I too saw only two of the four terrain textures.  It turned out I had to update my graphic card drivers.  I suggest you do this too to see if it helps.  If you use a laptop, don't go to the graphic card manufacturers website to check but to the website of whoever manufactured your laptop.  Most laptops use special drivers that are designed especially for the brand and model you have.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4157 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.