A question for SL Photographers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4157 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a fashion blog (yes, another one lol) and I love taking pictures for it, but sometimes I get so fricking frustrated with the camera controls and getting the fine tuned angles, how close, how far away etc. It's  so "clunky" and I can't be the only one who gets annoyed when I try to zoom in just a little bit only to go WAY past my avi or the other way around! Am I totally missing something (very possible) and there is a way to customize or control stuff like that better? Thanks if anyone can help!

One thing I've found VERY useful, well... two things:

1. Get a mouse that has a programmable button (mine is a Logitech MX Revolution). Map one of the programmable buttons to do the keystroke combination "CTRL ~" Now you are free to ALT Zoom/Pan with your mouse and then just tap the button to take the snapshot. It is great for taking many snapshot. In a photosession I will zoom and pan around my subject and just click click click click.

2. Use the "Freeze Frame" feature in the photo dialogue of your viewer. I believe you have to pull down the extra features at the bottom of the dialog to get the checkbox for freeze frame. Once you've frozen the image, use your ALT Zoom/Pan features to orbit your "frozen" scene to get the best angle. This is a feature not well advertised. This is great for trying to capture moving events or scenes. Just keep freezing the moving scene (wedding, dance, road race whatever) until you get a "scene" you like. Then once you've "frozen" it, orbit around and use CTRL 0, 8 and 9 to get the right framing and then save it to disk.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4157 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.