Is NVIDIA GeForce GT 610M good for ultra setting and have high fps?

XuuXuu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

ASUS F75VD-EB51 Notebook Intel Core i5 3210M(2.50GHz) 17.3" HD+ 6GB DDR3 Memory 750GB HDD 5400rpm DL DVD+/-RW / CD-RW NVIDIA GeForce GT 610M

this is what im considering to get so if anyone who knows about this pls help me out thanks

2 answers to this question

I doubt that computer will give you high framerates on Ultra. The way Nvidia's card numbering system works, the first digit (6) is the card's "generation", with higher numbers indicating more recent technology, and the second digit (1) is the relative performance of that card in the Nvidia lineup, with a higher number indicating more performance. The second digit of 1 tells me that the graphics setup is pretty low-end on that machine. It should run SL but not give you great performance, especially with "Ultra" settings.

An nVidia 610 card will probably not even run SL at ultra.  A 610 card is a low end card.....barely better than intergrated graphics.  The "M" (for for mobility) is even lower performing than a card designed for a desktop........more performance means more power and more power drains laptop batteries faster (and the laptop manufacturers are always going to go for better battery life).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.