Jump to content

Way to go Commerce Team!


Pamela Galli
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3271 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts


Porky Gorky wrote:

I have over 2500 products sold across 4 avatars still using MB's. Even though the process is simple, the thought of having to repeat it 2500 times just makes me want to cry. 


it's not as bad as you think if you copy the contents of a magic box to inventory highlight all the items in the folder and send it to the merchant outbox it saves you having to send 2500 items one at a time

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Porky Gorky wrote:


Pamela Galli wrote:

Repeat what 2500 times now? 

Moving a product from MB delivery to DD. I have to do each product  individually don't I? As far as I know I will need to manually created a new folder for every item and drag and drop that item into the folder. This will need to be done 2500 times, once for each listing on the MP. 

If there is an easier way then I am all ears :matte-motes-big-grin-evil:

1) Right-click Magic Box - Copy to Inventory

2) Find new folder with contents of Magic Box - Right-click each item and "Copy to Merchant Outbox"

3) On Merchant Outbox - Send to Marketplace

4) Lather, rinse, repeat for each Magic Box

Make sure you go into Magic Box Status and remove all the Magic Boxes when complete. I'd recommend removing each one as it is migrated .. saves confusion .. but once removed the "hanging" items in Unassociated Inventory will go bye-bye.

One six-pack of Pepsi please. (nyuck-nyuck! :D)

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Darrius Gothly wrote:


Porky Gorky wrote:


Pamela Galli wrote:

Repeat what 2500 times now? 

Moving a product from MB delivery to DD. I have to do each product  individually don't I? As far as I know I will need to manually created a new folder for every item and drag and drop that item into the folder. This will need to be done 2500 times, once for each listing on the MP. 

If there is an easier way then I am all ears :matte-motes-big-grin-evil:

1) Right-click Magic Box - Copy to Inventory

2) Find new folder with contents of Magic Box - Right-click each item and "Copy to Merchant Outbox"

3) On Merchant Outbox - Send to Marketplace

4) Lather, rinse, repeat for each Magic Box

Make sure you go into Magic Box Status and remove all the Magic Boxes when complete. I'd recommend removing each one as it is migrated .. saves confusion .. but once removed the "hanging" items in Unassociated Inventory will go bye-bye.

One six-pack of Pepsi please. (nyuck-nyuck!
:D
)

Also:  You can hold shift and select multiple items to transfer -- forget how many at a time. 

 

Darrius has a guide to how to add updated things to your listing, which is a bit more complicated. But at least the initial migration is easy enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Pamela Galli wrote:

I have to say, migrating to DD was for the most part very simple. I copied a MB to inventory, selected the contents in inventory, chose Copy to Merchant Outbox from the inventory dropdown, and they transferred to the outbox. Then I clicked the Send to Marketplace button and that was IT. The Magic Box versions were replaced by the DD items. Nothing else required.

Hmm... 'simple' you say? Really? :catfrustrated: Sorry but skeptical cat remains skeptical.

Can you let me know how many hours it took (approx.) for how many (approx.) items to complete the job? If it can be done in some reasonable amount of time perhaps I have time to schedule the migration of my brands sometime next week. I suppose I have to bite the bullet sometime as, unlike LL, i have no wish to frustrate my customers or waste anyone's time.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wade, it takes as much time as it takes to copy a box contents to inventory, select the contents (all at once) in inventory, choose Transfer to Outbox, and click the Send to Marketplace button. A couple of minutes per box maybe.

 

The misunderstanding, which the email does not correct, is that YOU DO NOT HAVE TO GET RID OF BOXES AND PUT YOUR STUFF IN FOLDERS -- unless you want to, which I most certainly do not. When you copy a box or anything else to the Outbox, it puts the box in a folder automatically.  So just ignore that stuff unless you have a burning desire to have your stuff arrived unboxed -- which some who are selling wearables might, I don't know. I know I want boxes personally, and I certainly do not intend to have separately packaged merchandise for inworld and marketplace.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The one other "gotcha" that needs mentioning is that when your Product Delivery changes to DD, it appears the Product Listing is also changed so the "Usage Requirements" are set to "None" .. meaning your listiing shows as "arrives unboxed." If you have already set each listing to "Unpacking", it may or may not change back to "None." (Empirical evidence goes both ways.) You MAY have to edit each listing and reset it to "Unpacking" after conversion to DD.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Porky Gorky wrote:

Does editing a listing still destroy its search ranking?

The experts are still out on that one. I recently updated a few of my products and they fell off the sales rate .. but only for a short while (a day or two). But I don't know for certain if Search Rank is impacted .. especially since I'm not sure exactly how people search for my products and I have no solid idea how Search Rank is calculated on the Marketplace.

However, with that said, I suspect that simply changing it from MB to DD delivery should not have a deleterious effect on your sales as I believe most folks will find your products from word of mouth and a direct product search. I do know that a direct search (using your product name and/or merchant name) will always find your stuff .. even right after a major edit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hay all

I have been trying really hard over the last few days to get the last 174 items moved over to DD I currently have about 30 on DD already. I had to write a script to help me compare and sort out what items I have already sent to DD because I left the old versions in the magic box so sending those to DD would update the already updated versions with older versions... yep its that confusing for me lol. Now I have my new sorted DD folder all ready to go and be sent to DD only thing is im seeing that when I add 10 items into the outbox only half of them are actually going into the folders the rest it seems to create a folder with no item inside. I guess this creates an empty folder on DD maybe? I can not take the risk. I want to do it in small groups of 10 to try and mitigate problems like this. And yes I got the email and it has kicked me into gear to get this done I’ve been holding back for as long as possible because again I cant forward to make any mistakes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I recommend going slow .. especially if you're on a busy Sim or are seeing slow loading of things. Patience REALLY counts here. After you move some folders into the Outbox, open it and wait for a bit for all the contents to update .. then manually check each folder to be sure its contents are correct. Theoretically everything should be copied into it properly but ... 

But as you mention, it can be slow sometimes. It really is dependent on your internet connection quality, your computer speed and all the other factors that affect Inventory loading performance and general lag.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Porky Gorky wrote:

Does editing a listing still destroy its search ranking?

The question should be can it, and the answer is most assuredly yes, it can, and it does, often. Not every item, or every merchant will experience it, or will notice it. In fact I think many merchants never notice, because they don't bother to(and likely have no reason to). It might depend, for some, a lot on how often your products are searched/sold to begin with, I think. If it's not a super popular search item, it may take longer to recover from being re-ranked. But even that's sketchy. You'll never get a straight across the board answer to this one.

I have products that when edited drop out of rank for a very short time. I have a few that take longer. I have another bunch that never did recover, and I still can't figure out why(they are still searched and bought frequently, so they're not recovering makes no sense). I don't bother trying to make heads or tails now. I do my best to NOT have to edit things unless I have to. When I do, I just suck it up and hope for the best.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Tari Landar wrote:


Porky Gorky wrote:

Does editing a listing still destroy its search ranking?

The question should be
can
it, and the answer is most assuredly yes, it can, and it does, often. Not every item, or every merchant will experience it, or will notice it. In fact I think many merchants never notice, because they don't bother to(and likely have no reason to). It might depend, for some, a lot on how often your products are searched/sold to begin with, I think. If it's not a super popular search item, it may take longer to recover from being re-ranked. But even that's sketchy. You'll never get a straight across the board answer to this one.

I have products that when edited drop out of rank for a very short time. I have a few that take longer. I have another bunch that never did recover, and I still can't figure out why(they are still searched and bought frequently, so they're not recovering makes no sense). I don't bother trying to make heads or tails now. I do my best to NOT have to edit things unless I have to. When I do, I just suck it up and hope for the best. 

^^ THIS ^^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have had a report of DD delivering an empty folder -- in another thread I started about this as a potential problem, two other reports were mentioned. If this is true - and since a support ticket has been filed, LL can easily enought investigate, then DD is not as error-free as I had thought it would be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Rival Destiny wrote:

I wonder if this is just the tip of the iceburg?

What is happening that we don't see?  In the background? 

For example, could a customer pay for an item, receive that item but the merchant receives nothing, not even the record of sale.

so .......

I would say, yes indeed, since we do not get delivery notifications -- which is why we are asking for them.

In this case tho if we did get emails I would have gotten one -- for an empty folder. If in fact that is what happened, and I really would like to know, whether LL is interested or not. All they have to do is look in the folder and see whether THEY see the merchandise or not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Rival Destiny wrote:

I wonder if this is just the tip of the iceburg?

What is happening that we don't see?  In the background? 

For example, could a customer pay for an item, receive that item but the merchant receives nothing, not even the record of sale.

so .......

This has happened.  I'm not in a position atm to look for the particular thread/s, but this has been reported by multiple merchants within these forums.  The only way the merchants involved even knew of the sale was one was from a friend of the merchant and, I'm assuming, commented on the purchase/product and another received a customer question about a product that did not even show up as being sold to this customer on the transactions records.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Howdy, Miss Pam.  Darrius has created a spectacular system called iGlom that uses ANS and logs all sales and ALSO sends you inworld IM notification of all your sales from direct delivery just like the magic boxes did!  I have been using it for about 3 weeks now and I absolutely LOVE it!

The reports it creates are wonderful and you have many more sorting options  in them than we do from the Marketplace system.  

Personally, I think the small cost of the system is WAY worth it just because of the inworld notifications, not to mention the fantastic reports you can have it generate!  

Have a look at it HERE

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3271 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...