Hardwork got me 30 views. Funny banter got me 185.

DonnyGates

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4181 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Canoro Philipp wrote:

i understand the difference between communication with strangers and communication you expect from people you know, but there has to be a starting point in communication, how would you know if the person dont want to talk with you if you dont ask first? at least say "hi".

i would say that he was being harmful if after i rejected his offer he would insist that i reconsider my position, that would be some kind of commercial harrasment, but he didnt pressure anybody to buy his products or services, he didnt even sold you anything, he was just inviting people to play a game he made.

it may be against the TOS but its unfair.

Unfair to whom?

There is an old saying that "the right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins."

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alicia Sautereau wrote:

...if i wanted to shoot stuff, i`ll startup ME3 and kill a hoard of zombie husks, oversized witches that constantly whine and super macho`s that think stomping people is fun...

When someone complains about the SL community not supporting games, this is the point they are missing. Many of us aren't here to play action-based games. Regular FPS & RPGs handle the demands of gaming so much better than SL that it seems pointless to try to recreate them here (and then, as so often happens, complain about the poor framerate/graphic detail/rezzing speed etc.).

@ Czari and Charlotte.

That button was discussed when Lithium was introduced.

It is a hit and miss proposition.

I just used it but it shows me as replying to Canoro!

There is no rhyme or reason to this.  I guess it fit in with LL's corporate persona.  ;)

reply.jpg

This one.  Using Firefox.

To respond to your post just now I just used the reply button in your message window.

But if I use the one under the messages it seems to be random who the reply goes to.

I'd have to dig back to find when the issue was raised.  Too long ago for me to remember off the top of my head.

Canoro Philipp wrote:

fairness is to give the amount of correction depending on the damage inflicted. i found it unfair a ban for inviting people to a game, whats so harmful about it?

I agree the punishment may have been to heavy for the crime.  

There may be a certain amount of knee jerk response by the Mods to Spam.

We seem to lack the oversight by a Community Mgr who thought about these things.

But a Ban is appeal-able.   We know people who have successfully appealed. 

I did notice a sharp reduction in some spam after I posted this in Forum Feedback:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Forums-Feedback/Forum-Spam/td-p/1693729

iCade wrote:

What I would  like to see would be a forum section where each creator can post about their new products. This way people can
choose
to look without having to be prompted to do so.

IMO forums are for people who want to communicate. It would be good if creator could start a thread saying something like "Check out my new item and say what you think of it" but most likely people would use it, not for reading and commenting, but only for having one more place where their product infos would be displayed. Something like a website version of "show in search" option lol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4181 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.