Hello. I have a good number of possesions that appear to have been stranded on a sim called "Poison

Rhiannon Eberhardt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4184 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello.  I have a good number of possesions that appear to have been stranded on a sim called "Poison" which has disappeared.  I rented in good faith and am now being told my possesions are gone and unretrievable.  Why would I not be able to retrieve my possesions?  I would prefer not to take legal action but will do if neccessay; real-world dollars were spent on these items and there is no excusbale reason that they cannot be retrieved.  Please advise.

2 answers to this question

Well, the "excuseable reason" is that the asset records for a sim are only kept for a short time after a sim ceases to exist.  If you contact Live Chat or submit a support ticket and explain your situation, Linden Lab can reopen a sim to allow residents to retrieve their belongings if little enough time has elapsed that the records have not already been wiped.

1.  Who is telling you your items are not retrievable?  If it's the former estate owner or a fellow resident, they are wrong.  LL can get them back.  Read on.

2.  When an estate owner fails to pay their tier, the estate is removed from the grid by LL.  This often leaves the former estate owner's tenants in a bad situation, because their objects vanish.  You need to file a support ticket with LL.  If not too much time has elapsed, they will put the region back on line for a short time to allow residents to retrieve their objects.

3.  It they can't, or won't, do that in your case, I'm sorry.  But read your Terms of Service.  Linden Lab makes NO promises.  You use SL at your own risk, always. Making threats of legal action just makes you sound silly, unless tens of thousands of dollars are at stake.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4184 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.