New Retina 13" Macbook Pro cannot enable Lighting & Shadows

Wastedyuthe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Getting much better SL performance with my new Retina 13" Macbook Pro compared to my Macbook Air, however I cannot enable Lighting & Shadows, Ambient Occlusion, or Depth Of Field settings.  All three are greyed out on High setting (whereas on the Macbook Air, L&S would be available and when ticked, the next would be etc).  If I try and move from High to Ultra, the app crashes with an error message ERROR: llrender/llrendertarget.cpp(134) : addColorAttachment: Too many color attachments!

My OS is updated to the latest version.  Is there anything I can do?

5 answers to this question

SL should run fine on your MacBook Pro, UNLESS you are using wireless. Make sure you use a regular Ethernet cable. Also check that you told your Mac to allow SL as an approved program. In Mountain Lion, go to your preferences > security > allow apps from anywhere (not just the apple apps and approved apple apps).

Do a clean reinstall of the viewer once you went throuh all that. SL should be hummlng happy tunes if you did it all right. :smileywink:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231#Mac_OS

• Like 1

Sorry, but did you read my post? Its a new Macbook Pro so its a clean install anyway. And yes the allow apps from anywhere option must be selected otherwise it wouldn't have been able to install in the first place. Neither of those have anything to do with the issue of being unable to enable the 3 graphics options when my 2 year old less powerful Macbook Air could.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.