The Smiling Slavegirl Tavern Offers A Soft Landing In Gor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3092 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi I'm Tarsus Taurus, tavern keeper of the Smiling **bleep** Tavern in Acacia Village, home of the Blood Rebel Mercs.

Reading other threads about Gor, you may be forgiven if you have the impression that Gor is an unending rapefest where new players, most especially new female players, are forced to have their avatar play the game naked and have explicit bondage sex with any player on demand, give out their home phone numbers and credit card numbers, perform naked on a webcam and become a slave to some neck-bearded guy named Darren who lives in his mother's basement and has no job, social skills or money, but IS a bitchin' bow in Second Life Gor, so of course she HAS to do what he says in real life.

Well let me just assure you … I do not have a neck beard!

And if you're a guy, you may be under the impression that male Gorean roleplayers spend their entire time online endlessly having e-sex with a succession of adoring slavegirls who pout whenever you want to get out there and kick some ass, so you're kind of a virtual lotus eater at a virtual sexy tea party, not having any real gaming fun but a helpless sex zombie captured by all the naked avvies and e-sex.

I've read enough posts on these forums alleging this sort of thing, when EVERYBODY in SL knows that Second Life is a freaking computer program with an "off" button right there on the screen, that I've at times temporarily lost my ability to go "o0" and "0o."

For the record, SL Gor is a game that was developed by its players, and over the years it has evolved to accommodate people with a wide range of play styles and interests. There are players who do practically nothing but combat in SL Gor, much to the annoyance of some other players. There are players who do nothing but roleplay. There are players who do a lot of sexual roleplay, and players who do very little. There are lifestylers who feel they are expressing their Gorean selves in SL, and do not believe themselves to be RPing at all.

SL Gor has rules and conventions for all such players. To help people get into Gorean RP and find out what suits them best, I've set up the Smiling **bleep** Tavern in Acacia Village. It's in a roleplay only area which means no metered combat, i.e., you can't be capped and enslaved by super bow Darren while you're there. You can spend as much time talking and drinking virtual paga there as you like. There are paga sluts RPing in the tavern and alcoves upstairs if you want to try some sexual RP. There's a teleport to an arena near the tavern if you want to practice combat. And the tavern is associated with the Blood Rebel Mercs if you want to join a group. We've also got information and LMS about everything else in Gor.

And I'll be glad to answer any questions in this thread, being one of those awful RP Gorean Masters you hear so much about.

Here's the SL URL to Acacia Village. Just hop off the boat and the tavern is the first building on your right:

http://slurl.com/secondlife/0%200%20Acacia/207/244/32

If I am not in, perhaps a slave or warrior will be able to help you out. (I'm on mostly n the evenings, roughly 5 pm SLT to 9 pm SLT, though it varies night to night.

There are plenty of people that would consider it dirty. You're making it sound like that word is somehow equal to something like "jerk" or "loser",  it's not.

Obviously we are censoring some derogatory words, note the **bleep**.

If you want to argue semantics, fine, whatever.

If you want your in-world tavern sounding like a cheap brothel, fine to that too.

Just don't be surprised if it gets censored on the message boards.

I will grant you that the word **bleep** is a pejorative. And I'm not upset that it's being bleeped, I think it's funny. i see the censorship as creating more problems that it solves. For example, what if feminists here wanted to discuss the topic of **bleep**-shaming and how wrong it is, as they often do on Jezebel and other feminist boards? They would have to discuss "bleep-shaming" instead. It's not a problem for me, in fact, makes me think I should rename my tavern as the name might be a barrier for some.

Because all of the posts on the SL forums can be seen by anyone that open them of any age, they must be kept PG if not G rated. I do have to chuckle at the name of your tavern and saying that SL Gor isn't all about sex. I do know that most of SL Gor isn't about sex. Good luck convincing others of that though.

Hi! Creamy here, resident smiling slave girl. The tavern has been remodeled and is looking wonderful! Come on by and check things out. You will find nice people, laughter and good role play. New comers as well as old school players welcome! If you come by when I am there I will make sure you are well taken care of!

• 2 years later...

lol, not about sex, should have told my poor alt. I wanted to play but didn't want to lose my business or have lots of unfinished SL business on my alts account. So I created this sweet little character, I didn't want her to be a princess, by the third day I realised that all those men wanted was sex, and all I wanted was to play slave, wait on them make things, and create things using the Gorean system that lets you make cool objects like bread, wine, you name, it suffice it to say I didn't enjoy the experience.

I read the books, available at the time, discovered that it wasn't all about sex it was about an congenial guy stuck in Gor, got to like it and met the Priest Kings whoa! was that a surprise. Kudos to John Norman.

Rowanessque Whitewood wrote:

lol, not about sex, should have told my poor alt. I wanted to play but didn't want to lose my business or have lots of unfinished SL business on my alts account. So I created this sweet little character, I didn't want her to be a princess, by the third day I realised that all those men wanted was sex, and all I wanted was to play slave, wait on them make things, and create things using the Gorean system that lets you make cool objects like bread, wine, you name, it suffice it to say I didn't enjoy the experience.

I read the books, available at the time, discovered that it wasn't all about sex it was about an congenial guy stuck in Gor, got to like it and met the Priest Kings whoa! was that a surprise. Kudos to John Norman.

the thread you responded to is 3 years old..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3092 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.