• Announcements

• Xiola Linden

The New Community Platform   03/21/2017

We are still working on making adjustments and changes to the new platform. Thanks  to everyone who has been sending in feedback and filing any bugs you've encountered! 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Conaletta

Best viewer for RLV ?

32 posts in this topic

Ah no, was my bad...Singularity doesn't give the camera freedom I thought it did,

it just puts the camera at my favourite bird-eye view, while Firestorm put it at frog eye view.

I thought Singularity allowed for greater freedom, but I didn't check well enough.

Terribly sorry about that.

Hm...I see if I can solve the Firestorm problem by working with the settings a bit more,

must just revert the angle from frog eye to bird eye.

Seems setting Cameraoffsetrearview to default was the solution.

No idea how it even wasn't on default.

I have noticed that Firestorm has a real problem with rebaking, so going to try Cool VL Viewer now. The lastest version seems to have allready support for the upcomming serverside baking.

I'm not sure that Cool VL's support for serverside baking is going to make much difference to rebaking problems right now, at least not on the main grid. 

Kandy Giha wrote:

I have noticed that Firestorm has a real problem with rebaking, so going to try Cool VL Viewer now. The lastest version seems to have allready support for the upcomming serverside baking.

If the latest Firestorm is based on the latest official viewer - then that baking might be from there. In the current official viewer textures will auto-rebake every few seconds... can be seriously disorienting. And with no Jira system anymore, no way to report it...

Kandy Giha wrote:

Not sure if you are refering to blury textures, but I used this fix to solve it...more here

• If your issue is specifically that your avatar textures remain blurry, or that they become “crisp” then, blur, endlessly:

in Preferences → Graphics → Rendering (tab), disable Use HTTP Textures. Then relog.

If this still doesn't fix, then go to Preferences → Network & Cache and click the Clear cache button - then relog.