Sign in to follow this  
GreyWolf Ixtar

I need to know what I need to make signs in SL?

Question

6 answers to this question

Signs like a poster or an ad?  Make a texture in Photoshop or GIMP.  Import it into SL.  Use the texture on the face of a prim.

For a very simple sign, all you need is an external program to create your sign and save it as a JPG, TGA, or PNG file.  If you have Photoshop or Paintshop Pro, that's lovely.   Also expensive.  You can download GIMP free from the Internet (Google it), or you can even use Powerpoint, if it's on your machine.  Make your sign, save it, and then upload it to SL.  To upload, open your SL viewer and navigate to Me >> Upload >> Upload Image.  It will cost you L$10 (about 4 cents US) to upload an image file.

• Like 1

Once you have uploaded the texture you created in a paint program, (which will cost you 10 L) you can place it in world by going to a designated Sand Box area, creating a block/cube, adjusting the size of your new sign and then picking the texture that you just uploaded to apply to your new block/cube and there you have it !  

Of course, you will not be able to keep it out there unless you have rights to leave prim's on the particular Sim.

Signs like ASL, hand language for the hearing-impaired?  Impossible in SL, the hands do not have the flexibility required.  They are limited to a few hand positions.