Windows 8

Dale Irata

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

15 answers to this question

What worked for me was to run SL in compatibility mode for Vista. Find the actual program viewer (not the shortcut to it). Right click it and choose properties. Click on run in compatibility mode and use the dropdown menu to select an option. I chose Vista because I know SL works well in that OS, but others may work well too. Then Win8 will run SL and ask you if it worked in that mode. Answer yes and it will always use that compatibility mode. If you choose no, it will prompt you to try another choice. XP didn't work for me but Vista did fine.

I solved the problem of the error with graphics, after searching everywhere, downloading  the AMD Catalyst™ 13.3 Windows® Beta Driver. Now it is working all right. I hope it lasts.  
My laptop has an AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series, and  Intel® Core i7.

yes and no i used to beable to run SL but it maybe that my coputer just cant run it anymore i have no i dea what the deal is

it did run durring the month of january-may and about 4 days ago it just stopped i constantly get my AMD crash sating  "display driver AMD has stopped working and has succesfully recovered" so i have no idea what to do. I hope Linden Lab releases a veiwer that is copatible with windows 8.

I got SL to run on WIN 8 (on a Surface Pro) only after going to the Intel site and downloading the latest HD driver. This was needed in spite of Windows telling me I had the latest graphic driver. There are still problems with right click but it at least works.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.