I'm a new and have xcite!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3001 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't think the prims in your inventory are of influence on the performance.

That's close enough to true that it's not worth worrying about. One (the?) exception is the first time you open Inventory after you've cleared all cache and have to reload the whole inventory directory from scratch. In fact, I don't know why it uses much local sim resources to do that, but it sure seems that the whole process is faster and more reliable in an empty region. (And anyway, yeah, it's really nothing to do with the primcount of the objects that underly the inventory handles it loads from the server.)

Another edge-case, not about inventory but about attachments, is what happens when you teleport or cross the border from one sim to another. As mentioned above, scripts make up the vast majority of load associated with this handoff, but even raw unscripted primcount can slow that loading process--noticeably, for lots of high-prim attachments. Nonetheless, that's again nothing to worry about except in extreme cases.

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Anyways, yes, wear it then right click edit to move it around on yourself.

Expanding on this a little.  You can right click on the worn item itself In World to get to the edit window.

OR

After you are wearing it you can right click in your inventory window and choose edit.

This is especially useful if you are having trouble hitting the target with your mouse or if you have multiple attachments on the same point.

NOTE:  This only works for attached objects, not system clothes.

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Good point, Perrie. I always right click the object itself, not in inventory. Another thought that might help, I uncheck the show object highlight in edit, it gets rid of the blue and yellow outlines that may be distracting sometimes.

The right click in inventory is extremely useful when you lose an object "inside of" your avatar or for very small prims/objects such as rings or belly piercings.

It's also the only method I know of for finding/moving HUDS that attach "off screen."

nicolette18 wrote:

Thanks Echo for your reply. I Have everything set up but it just looks very weird. I am not very happy with it at all. Extremely confusing and I wish I could return it and get my $L back. I can't seem to get the "things" aligned properly.

Did you manage to get it sorted out in the end or is it still irritating you?  If you haven't got it how you like it yet then I'll be around inworld for most of the weekend and if you need help give me a shout and let's see if we can get it sorted out for you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3001 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.