• Announcements

• Xiola Linden

The New Community Platform   03/21/2017

We are still working on making adjustments and changes to the new platform. Thanks  to everyone who has been sending in feedback and filing any bugs you've encountered! 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nicolette18

I'm a new and have xcite!

42 posts in this topic

I don't think the prims in your inventory are of influence on the performance.

That's close enough to true that it's not worth worrying about. One (the?) exception is the first time you open Inventory after you've cleared all cache and have to reload the whole inventory directory from scratch. In fact, I don't know why it uses much local sim resources to do that, but it sure seems that the whole process is faster and more reliable in an empty region. (And anyway, yeah, it's really nothing to do with the primcount of the objects that underly the inventory handles it loads from the server.)

Another edge-case, not about inventory but about attachments, is what happens when you teleport or cross the border from one sim to another. As mentioned above, scripts make up the vast majority of load associated with this handoff, but even raw unscripted primcount can slow that loading process--noticeably, for lots of high-prim attachments. Nonetheless, that's again nothing to worry about except in extreme cases.

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Anyways, yes, wear it then right click edit to move it around on yourself.

Expanding on this a little.  You can right click on the worn item itself In World to get to the edit window.

OR

After you are wearing it you can right click in your inventory window and choose edit.

This is especially useful if you are having trouble hitting the target with your mouse or if you have multiple attachments on the same point.

NOTE:  This only works for attached objects, not system clothes.

Good point, Perrie. I always right click the object itself, not in inventory. Another thought that might help, I uncheck the show object highlight in edit, it gets rid of the blue and yellow outlines that may be distracting sometimes.

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Good point, Perrie. I always right click the object itself, not in inventory. Another thought that might help, I uncheck the show object highlight in edit, it gets rid of the blue and yellow outlines that may be distracting sometimes.

The right click in inventory is extremely useful when you lose an object "inside of" your avatar or for very small prims/objects such as rings or belly piercings.

It's also the only method I know of for finding/moving HUDS that attach "off screen."

nicolette18 wrote:

Thanks Echo for your reply. I Have everything set up but it just looks very weird. I am not very happy with it at all. Extremely confusing and I wish I could return it and get my $L back. I can't seem to get the "things" aligned properly.

Did you manage to get it sorted out in the end or is it still irritating you?  If you haven't got it how you like it yet then I'll be around inworld for most of the weekend and if you need help give me a shout and let's see if we can get it sorted out for you.

Hi Nicolette, IM me inworld, if you need help, I can perhaps talk you through the HUD and what you need to do to adjust it properly. I'm not inworld at the moment but will be aroun 1 p.m. SLT (Second Life Time) 

No I haven't been able to get it right yet. I wished I would have read your post earlier. I would really like some help. I went to the inworld store and nobody was able to help.

Great! I should be inworld later this afternoon. Send me a message whenever you get inworld and I'll respond as soon as I am there. 

Sorry, I've only just come back to this thread.  Did Heart manage to sort it out for you?  Please don't say you're still struggling with it!

if she did look me up, i must have missed it, was offline for a few days and a lot of my notices and messages got capped. If you are still reading this Nicolette, and still needing help i should be on this evening for awhile and this weekend after 2 SLT. 

well I'll be going inworld later so I'll see if I can find her in search and drop her a message.  We might as well make sure that she has a *ahem* happy ending..  ;)

Hey there , a friend of mine told me that if u edit the parts like the nipples and the genitals all u have to do is position it and then push it in ir body to hide it so even if u dont see it its there and anyone that touches that part of u gets the menu so its not that hard .

Nicolette, u should edit the parts and push then into ur body ok thats how its used , ofcourse if u have them out over ur skin it will look very wierd. So push it in a little till u dont see it , anyone that touches those parts will be able to play with it.

just a quick note... women do not "need" to get parts. men, however, do.  if you still need help look for me inworld. i will be online most days and weeknights.