Note card is reproducing itself every 5 seconds

Cadreyn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone  I seem to have a problem here,  I somehow managed to get a note card from somewhere that is  continually reproducing itself every 5 seconds now.   I believe it mat have been embedded in a item I bought  on the marketplace unfortunately I bought like 20 items  all of which I have deleted trying to get rid of this  problem. Does anyone have any Idea  how I can get this  card to stop ?   Any help would be much appreciated  ty

I would assume that if a scripted object is creating these notecards that it is something you are wearing, or maybe rezzed in world. Just sitting in your inventory wouldn't do it. Check to see if you are wearing an attachment that you don't normally wear would be my suggestion.

sean

I Checked what i'm wearing and nothing new there  but let me claify I worded it wrong  in the 1st post. It's not an actual note card its the request to accept or discard  that i'm getting . Don't know if that makes any differance or not .

When declining/discarding a notecard, the viewer(atleast Firestorm) shows the position of the notecard giver in the declined message, if that position moves with you, it is something you are wearing. Changing the outfit should kill it. Check attachments.

If it doesn't and it is on your own land, simply delete/return it. Check Autoreturn setting in About Land. If it is not on your land, check the owner of the device and file an Abuse Report. Owner is normally given in the notecard message menu.

Hope this helps.

I want to thank ya'll for the quick response.    Jadeclaw,  you hit it right on the nose with the Auto return. As soon as  I retured the items that were marked as owned by others  (7 items ) the problem stopped .  Thanks again for the advice. Hope someday I can pay it forward .  Have a great day

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.