Sign in to follow this  
MayaXol

Where do people over 40 meet?

I was wondering if there are any Sims where people over 40 get together to chat and exchange ideas? 

Seriously, after a while, it’s annoying to have people approach you with the “nice ass” salutation or constantly ask your age!  (LOL) I’ve tried “The Roadside Philosophers” but that group meets only twice a month and I’m really looking for a place I can landmark and show up when the mood strikes …  any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

MayaXol wrote:

I was wondering if there are any Sims where people over 40 get together to chat and exchange ideas? 

Seriously, after a while, it’s annoying to have people approach you with the “nice ass” salutation or constantly ask your age!  (LOL) I’ve tried “The Roadside Philosophers” but that group meets only twice a month and I’m really looking for a place I can landmark and show up when the mood strikes …  any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

When I used to go dancing a lot more than I do now I put in my SL profile to please be 40+ in RL if you ask me to dance.  I was actually surprised at how often I was asked to dance and the interesting conversations during them.

I hear ya....if I see another "Hi, how old r u?" I think I'll scream!

If I thought my comedic timing was that good I'd say "my house" lol but then you might take me seriously.

Personally I like the ballrooms. I do realize that for the ladies that may or may not be the place to venture into alone but often there are live performances or other events allowing for more of an "audience" situation as opposed to arriving as part of an established pair. It can be a good time and place to find others a little more settled and subtle.

You made me smile big time!  and your comedic timing is excellent --- anyways, don't worry, I'm not planning on stalking you, plus, I don't even know where you live  ; P

Thanks for the great advice EVERYONE, I'll try dancing/ballrooms next time I'm in-world.

Jo Yardley wrote:

I turned 40 4 days ago and am still spending all my time in mt 1920s sim
;)

Happy birthday!  I do need to come back to visit your sim.  My former partner and I visited years ago and loved it.  When we were exploring the sim no one was around, but I joined the group and returned on my own when there were activities.  I met you in the bar/dance area - you were diligently tending bar as we chatted.

I may need to wait until I upgrade my PC as I cannot see mesh currently and I've read in other threads that you are converting some of your buildings to mesh but, that aside, I can vouch that the 1920s sim is fascinating and one where a person can spend hours and hours. :)

You just never know, Jo, they might LIKE a slap in the face. I'm not shy or coy about my age, but when strangers ask, that is incredibly rude, SL or RL. I rarely venture from "home" in SL, but when I do, it never fails, some stranger comes up and starts asking personal questions and then usually says he loves me and asks if I want to have sex. It used ot be, I could tell when it was a school holiday based on how many guys wearing nothing but freebies and without AOs would ask for sex. Or the ones who politely ask how to go about it. I told one guy about pose balls and how to do it, and he said he'd like to try, and I replied that I hear it can be more stimulating with a partner. Then there was the "COME TO ME, **bleep**" line someone I never met before tried, LOL. Someone skipped a lot of chapters in the how to pick up girls guide I'm guessing. Sadly, it's not just teen boys who think that's how to find a girl willing to lower her standards enough to fool around. I'm going on 5 years old in SL and I know one person under the age of 30, a couple in their 30s, and the rest in their 40s, 50s, and 60s.

Rude people don't like the way I slap, I make sure of that!

People rarely ask for my age, maybe that is because my avatar doesn't look like a 20 something barbie.

Maybe that is also why they never come with indicent proposals, mind you that could also have something to do with where I hang out.

I am the owner of Dirty Talk Voice Sex Lounge. DTVSL is a voice sex lounge and people all talk on voice about sex. The VIPs here are very understanding and accepting here,. We have many people here over 40, actually, most of the crowd here are 30-50. Its an older more mature crowd.

My lounge is 24/7 has been around for over 2.5 years and we have a group over 5500 members. We are always busy. Come check us out.

http://slurl.com/secondlife//Dirty%20Talk%20VSL/23/234/23

Jo Yardley wrote:

It does in my case if they don't want a slap in the face.

This ^^

By 40 (and really long before that) a person *should* have learned that asking one's age, ESPECIALLY in the first 10 seconds of meeting them is extremely bad manners.

The thing I see here is that some ppl have had such bad experiences with come lines that they dare jaded when someone approaches them just to have conversation.  I feel like you hthrough break down a wall just to start the convo and by then I'm like if it is this hard to say hello what kind of friend would they make anyway?  

Tigertat wrote:

The thing I see here is that some ppl have had such bad experiences with come lines that they dare jaded when someone approaches them just to have conversation.  I feel like you hthrough break down a wall just to start the convo and by then I'm like if it is this hard to say hello what kind of friend would they make anyway?  

^^      What they said                ^^

In time tho you learn how to not find those.

I like going to clubs where they play 70's or 80's music. Most people there are older--usually. I have met many friends in my almost 7 years of SL--all ages, all over the world. Some 20 year olds in SL are far older and wiser then some older 40 people I know! Enjoy your SL!

Scarlet