Sign in to follow this  
Sixx Yangtz

Standard Sizes

I'm new to making mesh and have been picking at Blender and Maya for fun.  I've been making a clothing item from scratch and having fun learning how to do so.  I'm using the "med" male standard size model to do this and the question I have is what if I make an awsome shirt and want to make one for all the standard sizes?  How do designers make a copy for each size?  I'm sure there has to be an easy way and not have to go through all these steps for each size?

You will have to manually resize it for each shirt, however if you use the sizing kit I link to on my rigging in Maya tutorial, it's a snap.

http://saeluan.com/tutorials/maya/rigging-mesh-in-maya/

Once you get done exporting one standard size shirt, you'd simply detach the skin, turn off the size avatar you previously rigged to, and turn on the size avatar you want to rig for.  Make a few minor adjustments to the mesh to fit the new size, then bind skin, import skin weights, and you're ready to export again!  For me it only takes about 5 minutes per size.  :)

• Like 4

I have been wondering about this too! I am making my first venture into the world of rigged mesh and trying to figure out what to do about the size.

I'm rigging in blender so I can't use fancy resizing scripts, but having access to them sizes is really helpful. Thank you!

for fit that:

You need to change your joint size. Go to the preferences and under Kinematics, change the joint size to something like a 0.03.

and for adjust the view home:

Maya default is also Y as verticle, so you'll want to switch that for Second Life use via
Windows>Settings/Preferences>Preferences>>Settings>World Coordinate System