Re: Update: Product Listing Enhancements and Stuck Orders

hoohaa Anaconda

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a simple question some one maybe able to help with.
How long should we wait before we see any information in the "Listing Enhancement Performance" page. I have one listing there at the moment that’s showing the impressions and click throughs and working fine. I just ordered another one to show on the home page. Does it normally take a few hours to start showing or should it be instant?

I only just started to gain back the courage to start using listing enhancements again after we moved over from Xstreet I must admit I did order another category listing enhancement some time last month and that never seemed to show up in the “Listing Enhancement Performance" page it was only $999L so I let it slide and just deleted it but this new attempt is starting to concern me abit.

hoohaa Anaconda wrote:

I just ordered another one to show on the home page. Does it normally take a few hours to start showing or should it be instant?

It was almost instant but I was told it was recently changed when I filed a support case about that. Below is their reply:

The way the Listings Enhancements Traffic Report is generated was recently changed as part of the ongoing updates to the Maketplace website.

The reports are now created once per day.

When you add a new Product Listing Enhancement to one of your items, the Listing Enhancement Traffic Report information will not be available until the following day.

hoohaa Anaconda wrote:

I have a simple question some one maybe able to help with.

How long should we wait before we see any information in the "Listing Enhancement Performance" page. I have one listing there at the moment that’s showing the impressions and click throughs and working fine. I just ordered another one to show on the home page. Does it normally take a few hours to start showing or should it be instant?

I only just started to gain back the courage to start using listing enhancements again after we moved over from Xstreet I must admit I did order another category listing enhancement some time last month and that never seemed to show up in the “Listing Enhancement Performance" page it was only $999L so I let it slide and just deleted it but this new attempt is starting to concern me abit.

Howdy, Hoohaa.

I have heard reports from other merchants who paid for their "enhancements" who never once saw their product listed on the home page (or anyplace else for that matter).  With all the terrible billing problems happening now with "listing enhancements," I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole.  You'll hear many differing opinions here, but, mine is that "listing enhancements" are worthless and are nothing but a way for Linden Lab to take your money.  Let us know if you do ever see your "enhancement" on the front page, but, I doubt you will.  

MY advice...forget about these "listing enhancements."  They are not worth the pixels they are made of.  

Try logging out and viewing the page without being logged in. I can say I have seen my listing enhancements quite a few times but they are geared to not waste the time showing to YOU. There are alot of enhancements to show so you arent going to see yours every time but I would say I have seen mine 1/20 page reloads pretty much consistantly as long as I was not logged in. 

I can also safely say that when I run enhancements my sales increase by about 15-25% as long as those items are on sale and not listed at regular price.

Enhancements work, maybe not as well a rthey should but they do work better than not having them.

• 4 weeks later...

As a customer I pay more attention to 'what customers are buying' than listing enhancements (It's almost like paying for reviews compared to getting them spontaneously).

And these two lists are both on the front page, so my eyes always go down to 'what customers are buying' instead of the listing enhancements. One list is trying to attract customers and the other is well...getting customers.

As a merchant I l look at 'what customers are buying' to see what sells. It is by far the most valuable list on that front page, to the point where I think it would distract attention from home page listing enhancements.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.