I can't login properly.. My av simply stops walking, and the SL crahses... what can I do?

luizgustavo2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4190 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Well, you could tell us a bit about your computer system and network connection. Perhaps your computer is not able to run Second Life properly or perhaps there is another cause or causes.

Open SL to login screen (no need to log inworld) then select Help > About Second Life and copy/paste the computer details into your post using Options > Edit to the right of it. If it only gives the graphics card series, please advise the exact card.

Are you using a wireless (not recommended) or wired connection? Have you run any speed tests to a San Francisco server to check your network speed? Check your ping times too. If you can stay in SL for a few minutes (log in to Smith and don't move), press CTRL+ALT+1 to open the Statistics window then check Packet Loss percentage and Ping Sim time and post here.

• Like 1

It's almost impossible to say in detail, since you didn't give us much to work with, but you have a connection problem.  I suspect that you have not been receiving any message from SL when this happens, so you are not crashing at all.  You are disconnecting.  It could be something as simple as your router needing to be rebooted, or it could be something very serious like your computer overheating.  All I can suggest right now is (1) Reboot your router by unplugging it from the power for a few minutes while you go for coffee and (2) don't use wireless, if that's what you have been doing. 

When you ask a technical question here, always include as much information as you can about your computer and your SL setup, and then report exactly what's happening.  What kind of computer are you using?  How much memory?  What graphics card?  How much graphics memory?  What SL viewer are you using? What error messages are you getting, exactly? Click on the Options link in the upper right corner of your question and select EDIT to add this and other useful information. Please do NOT start a new thread.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4190 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.