what nails girls like?? =)

Stari Adder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4096 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

well I posted the topic in commerce forum but was adviced to use more popular forum for this kind of theme... if this is not the best forum to post message like this I appologize and if it is fine then here we go...

so I am going to create nice mesh nails with hud to put in it different polishes, manicure or nail art textures

and the thing is I realized that have no edea what kind of nails girls like except french style

I will be happy to hear some thoughs and you are free to speek out loudly here what is the best thing to put in this hud

cheers))

Well as someone who uses prim nails.. I have to admit what I like most in nails is modify permission.

While some nail makers have taken to fitting their nails to multiple stock hand sizes (0, 10, 20, 30) I often find that the way one set of nails fits one skin, may not work so well on a different skin. There's a lot of potential drift in terms of where the "painted on" nails will appear on the fingers, and very often I need to adjust a prim thumbnail or pinky nail, to overlap the painted on ones properly. And with the advent of mesh hands, gloves, and full body replacements.. hand-fitting the nails can be essential.

If you're going to do them in mesh. I HIGHLY reccomend not doing them rigged. Or if you do offer a rigged set, offer a non-rigged option as well. As for whether "all the nails on one hand should be one single mesh" I'll leave that for you to decide, but the more options you give end users to perfectly-fit them to their specific situation.. the happier your customers will be.

A good tintable "glove" layer that just covers the fingertips can be great to include for advanced users as well.

Copy permission is pretty much essential, so I can fit one set to one skin, and then fit a second set to another skin.

As for features.. I love having some jewelry attached.. and the more I can customize, hide, show, recolor, etc.. the better. There's a great set I have from "Mandala" but they're no-modify, so I'm stuck with exactly the colors and jewelry they set on them, and can't even color the parts.

While "painted shiny" nails are among my favourites, it's also great to be able to texture the nails white, and then apply tint color and the SL "shiny" setting, for some outfits.

French is an absolute must. of course.

While long (crazy long and curved) can be super fun.. there aren't enough 'very long' nails for sale. the market could always use more. Short, or "realistic long" nails would surely be popular.. probably moreso.

One other thing...

I'd love for there to be a quick hide/show control, that lets be either hit an FKey using a gesture (or if the hud can "zip" to a minimized mode.. a small button there) so that in the heat of 'the moment' I can simply hide my nails when an animated piece of furniture or equipment makes my hands animate.

oh! thank you so much for such a great response that was very helpfu  :smileyhappy:

I am already selling nails but they come in very low price since it is only 1 texture on them and no mod, they are also rigged mesh and have glove to hide the nails of avatar hand so this way they do fit perfectly,

but I was thinking to make another set with hud that is why I posted here cause in hud I have possibility to make different textures in one, this one I wanted to make unrigged with separate face for each nail but hud will change manicure on all nails, anyway it is going to be mod perms so in case someone needs 1 nail black and other nails in other colors or textures they have it will be possible,

I was just thinking is nail art like curls or maybe leopard print is an interesting thing to others)

Prim, sculpty, mesh nails sure look great.  But there is a big problem with them.  As there are no attachment points on the individual finger tips the nails will not follow the finger movements.  Just yesterday I saw a lady sailing wearing prim nails.  As she grabbed the wheel the fingers bent on the wheel.  The result was that the nails were floating in the air. :matte-motes-frown:

I once bought a set of prim nails.  When I saw what was happening with them I stopped using them.  I wonder are there any solutions for this problem - the nails not following the fingers?  A script which keeps the fingers always in the same position perhaps?

I like the normal/solid colours most, am not so much into french manicure. So a hud with colours would be cool but most of all: a script that relaxes the hand and has a high priority over other animations, so to avoid floating nails when your avatar is in a pose or is holding something.

oh yeah that is a great trouble and if there any thing could be done I guess smb would already do that, but I am thinking (with my poor knoledges of mesh and SL avatar skeleton) that there is no solution except glove or tattoo or skin nails...

this is because of how sl avatar was created. the skeleton has no joints on fingers so they can not be animated or/and modified outside sl, those who uploaded animations and poses know there are some pre-made poses of fingers that are available only when uploading a pose in SL .

Pity that this is hard to understand how it can be solved with prim nails but I belive that one day smb will do it)

Coby Foden wrote:

Prim, sculpty, mesh nails sure look great.  But there is a big problem with them.  As there are no attachment points on the individual finger tips the nails will not follow the finger movements.  Just yesterday I saw a lady sailing wearing prim nails.  As she grabbed the wheel the fingers bent on the wheel.  The result was that the nails were floating in the air. :matte-motes-frown:

I once bought a set of prim nails.  When I saw what was happening with them I stopped using them.  I wonder are there any solutions for this problem - the nails not following the fingers?  A script which keeps the fingers always in the same position perhaps?

The good nails have a script in them that keep the hands in the relaxed position, however, depending on poses, sometimes this gets over ridden and the hands become spread out, making the floating nail problem. There is a gesture that is supposed to relax the hands again and also a free hud that is supposed to relax the hands again but almost always I have to relog to get my hands to relax again.

For the most part though, the script works and my hands stay relaxed.

If I know I am about to do something that will change my hands, like say grip a steering wheel or something, then I just remove my nails and corresponding glove layer. 

I really like the French manicure and its variations. Also, what I like is the ombre styles that are out right now, where each nail is a variation of the same color, either each nail itself or all five at once.

Also, I like it when all the nails are normal but maybe finger 3 (ring finger) will have some quirky design.

Nail art is very popular.  Nails with designs painted on them, jewels inset in them.

I prefer nail sets without rings...or if you offer a ring, include a nail set with no ring as well.  This lets me wear my wedding rings.

With prim or mesh nails, the most important part is to have a good script.  The nails that "stay on" best for me are from Candy Nail.

No one does this...but it would be nice to make the glove layer that goes under the nails with a matching painted on nail texture.  That way if you have to remove your nails because of a pose, you at least would still have on the same color nail underneath.

Conaletta wrote:

Oh wait.

Yes, now I do wear the skin and shape.

They are called Girl Next Door apparently.

Guess Linden had me confused with the avatar preview.

Thanks for all the help, people !  :matte-motes-sunglasses-1:

when you do Character Test Female then you get the Girl Next Door in the polka dot dress

when i have to do a character test then i usual go by the sim edge. then do the test and then cross to next sim. usual declouds pretty soon. then get change into my normal outfit

Limonella Sorbet wrote:

I'd also love to see shorter nails for once! I'm not into claws.

Yes, nails that are about half an inch (12 - 15mm) long would be ideal. I have found one set that fits perfectly when combined with another creator's tattoo layer, but they are too long.

Colours, I like metallic primarys, softer hues and basic solids, depends on the overall look. Also a working French manicure would be lovely.

very nice responds from you all thank you so much I am keeping thisall in mind to make the best offer as soon as I finish it

xoxoox to all sweeties!!

those longest nails actually is the reson why I desided to make it myself cause this really ooks strange lol)

• 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4096 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.