Had to reinstall SL now Hardware skinning and Avatar cloth can't be clicked how do I fix?

Mai Daines

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4194 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I had an older version of Firestorm and when I updated everything to the newer version everything was fine, then I cleared my cache and when I logged back one both Hardware Skinning and Avatar cloth could no longer be clicked, I checked and my requirements, graphic card are just fine, how do I fix this? Please help me

3 answers to this question

Some of your Hardware options found in Preferences, in the Graphics tab, may have been defaulted to 'Off' as a result of the install.

The link shows a photo of the Graphics menu, in the lower right portion of the photo, is the Hardware Tab. You might have to activate some of the features in that menu, to enable other features, in the main Graphics tab.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Lighting-and-shadows/ta-p/997819#Graphics_preferences_settings

If either of those remain greyed out, then increase the level of Render Quality until they become enabled and can be checked.

In some cases, worn mesh attachments will not render properly still. Go to PreferencesGraphics -> Rendering and disable both of the Alpha Mask Rendering options.

If none of the above work - and make sure you try all of them first! - then in the top menu bar, open Advanced → Debug Settings, find MeshMaxConcurrentRequests and gradually increase the value. It is recommended that you not go over 64; try to keep it less.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4194 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.