Hieronimos Audeburgh

Active Roleplay groups/sims?

Hi All,

I'm from Europe and I've only just started medieval/fantasy roleplaying. But Whenever I log into a sim (and I've visited a lot by now) there's nobody there.

Do any of you know good but most of all ACTIVE medieval/fantasy roleplaying sims?

Thanks in advance!

Jay 

I'm on the east coast of america and the role-play communities I've found tend to get going shortly before I have to go to bed. This doesn't really help you much but if you find a build that seams nice and it is unoccupied, you might try sending an IM (or notecard) to the operators/owners (there are usually online indicators for them in the welcome areas of role-play regions) and ask.

It's entirely possible you could find a bunch of europeans with the same problem you have and get permission to use a region that is quiet when you are active. Just start your own role play. The down side being you will not have admin support for the region unless the owners are willing to make one of you an admin.

Years ago I was a part of the Avilion role play community and it was pretty active whenever I showed up. I've recently joined a new group called Darkmoon Isle. It's still just starting up but there's good support, There's also active use of group notices and the community website (www.darkmoonisle.com) to keep people aware of the story line. We had some good role-play last night (my night) around the fall-out of a recent event.

Curious Hazlenut's advice is very good. A lot of times, you can either offline-im the sim owners, or you can drop them a notecard. I'd say 99% of the time, they will be insistent on you staying in theme, but glad to have you.

I'd recommend Jasper Cove ^^ Their website is here and the sim is here.  There's a handful of members from the UK, but a lot of them are night owls so if you're looking for RP early in the AM, it might be empty(unless you're logging on early enough that peeps in the western hemisphere haven't gone to bed yet).  It's one of the best good active RP sims I've been to, and it isn't exactly traditional fantasy medieval because players can come from pretty much any background.  Mostly everyone is para-RPers though, and sometimes you might end up waiting like 10 mins for someone to write a super long post-- which doesn't bother me in the least, but I know some people (for reasons I can't comprehend) prefer 1-2 line RPing, so if that's your boat, you might not want to hop on ours.

The website/blog aren't updated super often(though I think they're trying to work on that), and notices get sent kind of sparingly(as in, huge events don't even always get notices, but people do post in the IC chat regularly to get things started), so we actually have a lot more RP than it looks like.  Except for in the morning, I can regularly just hop on sim and end up RPing for like 8 hours straight, going from one scene to the next, if I don't have to go do stuff irl or go to bed.  Of course, the only way to find out if we're active during your time is to come visit =D So please do, the sim's absolutely beautiful.  And the GMs are super helpful if you have any questions about the plot/rules/combat system, but the group's open admission so it's really easy to just jump in once you've read all the info.

Well I run and manage a Europe themed rp sim and am from Europe myself, but our events don't start till 11 pm my rl time, simply  because most of us have day jobs and need some family time, time to eat or do 'homework' till its evening.

But in weekends we start earlier and in my sim the community is busy and active so you can usually find someone on at some part of the time.

Shady Falls gets a smallish but good crowd in the SL mornings, most days.   I can't guarantee RP, but as long as there are people willing to come and be a green dot, it usually brings more.   You're welcome to come have a look if you enjoy paragraph style roleplay.

I know this ISNT what you are after BUT this comunity will take time in Welcomging you to the RP, RP with you and Welcome others that you bring and i posted an add about it....Till you find yourself a Medieval rp Sim please take time to view this add i posted {{and if you do find a nice Medieval rp Sim please Send a note card or IM with locations :) }}
1800's RP sim - Humans/Feral animals

The Gianfar Peaks of Pern group is Midæval in tech, although based on Anne MacCaffert's PERN series of books. We recently adjusted our weekly (SUN) RP times, to be more Euro friendly.