In-world photo galleries/exhibits? How does one get involved?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4200 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi guys,

I've been doing photography for awhile and I am slowly building up a portfolio, but I am curious about how I can get involved in possibly contributing works to in-world galleries/exhibits?   

If anyone is interested, here is my flickr of my work:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/harleyquinadesl/sets/72157631180219388/

Thanks!

- Harl  (harleyquinade resident)

Harl, you're very good, love the quirky style. I had a little gallery with some successful exhibitions at my OrCafé for a while. But it bored me and became too  much stress, so I decided to retire my café (temporary) and put my private home there instead. Anyway, if I were in your shoes I'd join some art groups and see all the announced exhibitions, visit them and contact the gallery owner. I'd say for a single exhibit you need at least 10 - 15 photos, less for a group exhibit.

Another option would be to just open your own gallery. For pics you don't need many prims so a humble 512 m² parcel (117 prims) is big enough. If you're a premium member you don't need to pay tier for a 512. Then announce your exhibit in the art groups. And let your friends know about it, so they can tell their friends to tell their friends and so forth ... word of mouth is still the best multiplier in SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4200 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.