Listing Order Changes after First Page? (solved)

Sera Lok

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Wondering if anyone else has noticed this.. thought it was just a glitch the other day but it's happening still...

I try to sort my items by "Rating" or "Name" or anything other than "Price Low to High," or even just leave it at the default "Relevance,"

and when I go to the second page of listings, it changes to "Price Low to High" instead of continuing with the listing order I've chosen.

Makes it extremely difficult to navigate items by any sorting except price low to high.  :(   Has it been this way very long?  I've filed a bug report, I encourage others to do the same if they see the same behavior.

eta:  maybe it is my cache or something... i tried with an alt and things are working as expected.

no... something is still funky.  i cleared all cache and restarted computer.  It's not sticking to the same sorts still >.<

For example, i went to another resident's store.  Default sort is by relevance.  So I changed it to "Newest First."  First page looks fine, then when I go to the next page, it's back to relevance again.  None of the sort changes are sticking for the additional pages after I change it to something different.

Sera Lok wrote:

no... something is still funky.  i cleared all cache and restarted computer.  It's not sticking to the same sorts still >.<

For example, i went to another resident's store.  Default sort is by relevance.  So I changed it to "Newest First."  First page looks fine, then when I go to the next page, it's back to relevance again.  None of the sort changes are sticking for the additional pages after I change it to something different.

Do you have the Marketplace set as a "Trusted Site" so that Cookies can be stored properly? Some browsers have their defaults set to decline cookies unless the site is specifically set to allow them. It's worth digging into your Security settings at least, just to be sure you know what's happening under the hood.

One of the reasons I like Chrome; it offers a Geek section that lets me inspect which cookies it has stored as well as their full contents. It's the sort of thing that really soothes my digital brain.

I will check that, thanks...  I normally use Firefox and switched over to IE and things seem ok over there... I was going to look into my plugins too, I have one that shows keywords in the listing so I wonder if that could be messing with things (although that seems weird)

thanks for the tips, this is driving me bonkers this a.m. ^^

looks like it indeed might have been the user script i had installed several months back.. i've noticed it updated a few times the last few weeks..  I disabled it and everything appears to work normally. go figure?

it's this one: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/87938   which doesn't show it's been updated recently, so i dunno. it was definitely sending me update notices in my browser.  I'll contact the person who wrote the script.

When shopping I constantly find that the Market Place does not save my preferences across a shopping session.

And why are only 12 items displayed in the initial page view?  I'll give 10 to 1 odds that the first thing everyone does when shopping, rather than clicking through page after page, they they raise it to a higher number.

Personally, the first thing I do is change it to 96.

I think all of us who use the Market Place now measure our connection speeds in MBPS, not Bauds any more.

Hmm. I totally can't repro that problem with the marketplace script, on Firefox or Chromium.

On the other hand, I am seeing all kinds of wrong things happening in the Firefox 16.0.1 add-ons manager. It has totally lost track of extensions and versions here. I know there was a problem like this back with Firefox 7, not finding any reports of it on 16. Hmm.

[ Adding -- I manually wiped out, then reinstalled extensions and scripts to make sure everything in Firefox was running on the correct versions, and still can't repro the proboem. ]

OK, I have learned why Greasemonkey was checking for updates too often, the trouble was in Greasemonkey itself. The add-ons manager in Firefox is still fetching an old version of Greasemokey with that update bug, and as it turns out I can reproduce the marketplace problem with that same Greasemonkey version.

The solution is to get the latest Greasemonkey from the "all versions" page, instead of through the add-on manager. At the time I write this, 1.4 is the current release.

(edited to put an easier place to get the updates.)

And thus we have another excellent example of truly beneficial and responsible Customer Support. When you factor in the fact that Cerise has made nothing for all her hard work, it makes this an even more important example.

@Cerise - Thank you. I don't know how many have said so, but the scripts and add-ons you've contributed have been very helpful. *tip-o-the-hat*

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.