Sign in to follow this  
Vegro Solari

The Men of SL- a Controversial Guide to Them.

Tracy Redangel wrote:

Leia36 wrote:

Vegro Solari wrote:

Many thanks, colleague.  My secret:  take an entrenched prejudice and break it over the wheel of the same cart the prejudice rode into town on, in the first place.

Is that you Pep?

No, Pep was a troll extraordinaire with a lot more skill than our knuckle dragger here. Pep actually understood all the big words he used.

I can't speak for Pep, but what Pep counts on are people that don't take the time to understand all the big words he uses [sic] within the constructs of intelligent and provocative sentences to display their hyperemotional selves on a public forum.   That being said, I think Vegro has done an outstanding job.  Tracy, you are an excellent example.  

Vegro Solari wrote:

Many thanks, colleague.  My secret:  take an entrenched prejudice and break it over the wheel of the same cart the prejudice rode into town on, in the first place.

Which prejudices?  Your own perhaps?  Have you fallen under the wheels of your own cart? 

We could describe self flattery as being caught spinning in the spokes of narcissism.

And what of the defenses you raise when you retreat to the shelter of accusing any one who disagrees with you of being a slave to a Pavlovian response?

How is your response not Pavlovian?

How are we to know?

I can't speak for Pep, but what Pep counts on are people that don't take the time to understand all the big words he uses [sic] within the constructs of intelligent and provocative sentences to display their hyperemotional selves on a public forum.   That being said, I think Vergo has done an outstanding job.  Tracy, you are an excellent example.  

Nah, I'm not hyperemotional, I'm just mean. And bored.

Tracy Redangel wrote:

I can't speak for Pep, but what Pep counts on are people that don't take the time to understand all the big words he uses [sic] within the constructs of intelligent and provocative sentences to display their hyperemotional selves on a public forum.   That being said, I think Vergo has done an outstanding job.  Tracy, you are an excellent example.  

Nah, I'm not hyperemotional, I'm just mean. And bored.

Perhaps you need to go find one of those Needy or Macho men that Vergo spoke of to amuse yourself with.

And you never know.  The toad you kiss today could tomorrow become your Prince Charming.

Perhaps you need to go find one of those Needy or Macho men that Vergo spoke of to amuse yourself with.

And you never know.  The toad you kiss today could tomorrow become your Prince Charming.

Nah, I'll stick with my husband ...who is not a Needy Macho man lol.

Vegro Solari wrote:

Your attempt to describe something resembling "universal human values" and assign it the role of "kryptonite", I feel, is misguided. Simply because in practice using those nice-sounding ingredients will produce no reaction, or even the opposite reaction to the one desired, as when your Unique man starts getting bored and taking you for granted despite himself.
That will never happen if my advice is wisely applied by a classy woman.

(Emphasis mine) 

So what would happen if your advice was wisely applied by a non-classy woman?

Of course now we get into the area of defining "a classy woman."  I am quite sure there are as many answers as respondents.

This is getting more complicated as it goes along.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Vegro Solari wrote, earlier in this thread:

Being the only one willing to speak the categorical truth amidst an oppressive & self-congratulating thought regime (for example, politically correct forum) is a great position, you can claim not only the due fame but also a kind of martyrdom.

And has added this:

My own "insults" (alternate points of view, previously considered extinct) were alright, as people are still laughing or being offended by them every day, and can't calm down, those things going against the grain of everything they've been trained like Pavlov's dog to think.

Jeanne? Is that you?

Nah, totally different writing style, no typos, use of complete words, etc.

However, the OP *is* sounding a lot like John Norman; in fact some of the statements are almost direct quotes.

For those who may not be familiar with John Norman, that was the pen name of John Lange, a philosophy professor who is best known for authoring the Gor series of novels.  (No, this isn't a discussion of SL Gor, which is dismal at best, but that's another subject.)

Although turned into rp, which btw is said to have horrified Norman as that was never his intent in writing the books, even many who have actually read the novels skip past a lot of content to get to the portions re: sex, slaves, battles, adventure, etc.  The first 13 of these novels were written during 1966-1979, roughly during the height of the feminist movement a la Gloria Steinem.  Throughout the novels, Norman espouses a philosophy of human existence based on "the natural order" and bemoans the "modern man" becoming docile and servile to women while women were trying to become like men. (Sound familiar to the OP?)  I am convinced this was Norman's "rebuttal" so to speak of the feminist movement of the time.  (I am presenting the proponents of the novels, not necessarily my personal opinions.)  Norman used the vehicle of adventure novels to portray a fictional planet where men were truly "men" and fully embraced all that entailed while women, either slave or Free Women (although Norman has many contradictory statements concerning slaves as opposed to Free Women), gloried in their femininity.  Both sexes, according to Norman, knew themselves to be different, not one better than another, but complimentary. 

From the Wiki re: John Norman:

"His fiction places emphasis on living in accordance with a Nietzsche-esque natural order, sponsoring a hierarchy of talent, especially strength. Based on this assumed hierarchy, to analyze gender differences, he contends that woman is the submissive natural helper, and figurative slave, of dominant man. His work often takes this observation literally: heroes enslave heroines who, upon being enslaved, revel in the discovery of their natural place."

"...while the philosophy presented is unquestionably that of male dominance, the male characters are themselves often temporarily and elaborately enslaved by powerful females. In an interview[1] with Polygraff magazine, Norman stated that he believes that it is obvious that all societies are based on dominance and hierarchy."

(Emphasis part of the Wiki notations. Couldn't include the URL because it contained "invalid HTML" but the reference should be easy to find if anyone wishes.)

It is not my intention at all to get into a Gorean discussion - that has been and continues to be beat to death on the forums.  My point is that Norman's philosophy as presented in the Gor novels kept coming to mind as I read the OP's posts.

Leia36 wrote:

Vegro Solari wrote:

Is that you Pep?

This actually came to mind as well.  Especially when the OP used "emotional" in a context similar to Pep.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

This actually came to mind as well.  Especially when the OP used "emotional" in a context similar to Pep.

'Emotional' is used when the respondent has indicated disagreement. 'Hyperemotional' is used when the respondent has indicated disagreement and accurately pointed out the flaw in the premise.

As to your earlier comment about my post: Yes, I know. I was just taken by the similarity in thinking: "I am right. If you disagree you obviously have been so conditioned by [insert belief system and/or bugaboo of your choice here] that you are incapable of appreciating the beauty of my thoughts."

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

'Emotional' is used when the respondent has indicated disagreement. 'Hyperemotional' is used when the respondent has indicated disagreement and accurately pointed out the flaw in the premise.

As to your earlier comment about my post: Yes, I know. I was just taken by the similarity in thinking: "I am right. If you disagree you obviously have been so conditioned by [insert belief system and/or bugaboo of your choice here] that you are incapable of appreciating the beauty of my thoughts."

I stand corrected...it was "hyperemotional" Pep used all the time.  I kind of just try to block that portion of forum-reading from my mind...lol.

You're right in the similarity of thinking on some points.  I would actually be interested in how Jeanne views the OP's opinion.

I agree which is why I posted a very gentle invitation to explore D/s. The OP will no doubt find vindication of his thoughts and embryonic ideas within D/s or gor at some level.

That is assuming of course that this entire thread is not just an attempt at trolling the forums.

Vegro Solari wrote:

If I were a member of the Neaderthal race true and proper, I imagine it would be a matter of great pride for me.

As always, the PC-defense brigade are hypocrites through and through, being absolutely intolerant of any alternative view, despite their formally declared open-mindedness, and freely using race-discriminatory ad-hominem language to smear their imaginary opponent.  Calling someone a Neaderthal in a derogatory fashion is, at bottom, exactly identical to insulting a Negro as a Negro.

Think about it. The slightly more than completely hypocritical shortfall here is very amusing!

Funny, You say other people are not open to viewing things diffrent? In the mean time I havent seen you bend away from your beliefs just the slightest bit. When I read this topic its like having a 'dialog' with a Jehova's withness.  I found that the smarter someone portrays himself to be, the less tolerant to other peoples opinions.

THE absolute truth does NOT exist!!!

And this is how I see it  (stole the example from a philosopher , forgot the name)

If you have two people and they both take a bath... one in hot water, the other one in cold water.....

And you then let them share a bath with a temperature that is average... the one from the hot tub will say BRRRRR cold. The one from the cold tub will say AHHHH nice WARM

They both say the opposite.

They are both right from their perspective.

DANG I swear if people realized this, it would end all war! PEACE!!!

Natasha, what you must understand is that the politically-correct ideology advertises its own "tolerance" as virtue, as its ideal. On the other hand, as you so brilliantly noticed, I don't belong to that ideology and for my part I have nearly no tolerance, at least as they understand it, and more than that, do not consider having this tolerance a virtue or a necessity. Especially when it's a hypocrite's act anyway, as with all those PC-influenced people.  You see?  This means I'm a bad person only if you think that disagreeing with PC ideals makes someone bad, which is of course the definition of intolerant.

Czari,  you ask what a classy woman is supposed to be for me.  A woman who is capable of thinking and functioning independent of today's feminist brainwashing, who is feminine and wonderful, inspite of the many false ideals foist upon her by the ambiance of inevitably degenerating Sodom/Gomorrah culture. Classy - that means having class, being a little bit backwards, sometimes even oldfashioned in certain things.

I got a smart question from that video that Madelaine posted for me, a question that could easily be addressed to all:

"What is actually feminine about feminism?"

Listen I accept your opinion although I do not nescessarily agree. What aggrivates most people here I guess is that you present it as an absolute truth, while in fact it is YOUR version and YOUR interpretation.  (there you go , I say  'I guess' to indicate I THINK they do but I cannot actually speak for them).

There is a BIG diffrence in  "This book sucks because it is too short and too boring" and "in my opinion this book sucks because it is too short and too boring".  People dont always have to agree on things to get along, just don't apply your own logic and view on the world and make it an absolute truth.

That is not what aggravates my many "opponents", Natasha. Check out what Czari said about the Gor writer, Norman, and then have a peek at the thread where his ideas are discussed on this forum. Norman presents his ideas as pure fiction, seemingly as far away from the absolutism you bemoan as possible, yet this in no way stops the PC people on all kinds of forums from going on for dozens of pages, attacking him with personal slurs, saying he's a talentless hack and so on, so on.

So it's something very different that aggravates them, and I know exactly what it is. The truth aggravates them in any form, including even when it's in fiction.

Hehe then its good I said "I think" instead of presenting it as a truth in itself. I should not have made assumptions like that.

Replace my guess of what others think of this by Natasha thinks, and we are all good :)  I read the rest of the discussion too no worries but I stay away from the whole gor thing. Not my cup of lemon juice.

Too bad you still speak THE truth here. (whether its fiction or not....) as if there is but one truth. Facts are not the same as opinions.  I rest my case. If you think the absolute truth does exist I shall respect your opinion and leave it at that :)

By all means have a look, just keep in mind these three statements:

Natasha Steele wrote:

If you have two people and they both take a bath... one in hot water, the other one in cold water.....

And you then let them share a bath with a temperature that is average... the one from the hot tub will say BRRRRR cold. The one from the cold tub will say AHHHH nice WARM

They both say the opposite.

They are both right from their perspective.

DANG I swear if people realized this, it would end all war! PEACE!!!

Nephtides wrote:

Grab a bucket of tolerance all, and in case you find yours empty, just wear it over yer head to improve things.

Leia36 Wrote"

Gor is a hot topic, gets the temperatures in the red more often than not. Its very nature makes it so.

I merely suggest that if you entered my thread, where I present my Guide, then it's a bit childish and unnecessary to underline in every post who the author is (me);  and in similar fashion, be forced by some invisible hand of pseudo-courtesy to end every sentence with a disengenious PC disclaimer like "just my opinion, not claiming it's true".

What, after all, is the big fear? That someone's wild opinion might be taken for truth by the mentally infirm? Or is it just another symptom of so-called truth intolerance I told you about before,  in our modern culture?

Especially because I do openly claim the Guide is true and anybody can try it out to find out if their result agrees with what I wrote.

Childish ~chuckles at the childish attempt to push my buttons~

Ahem what makes you say I haven't already tried what you suggest? I took a close look at the men I came across and the ones I am still friends with and found so many other types of men... some overlap what you say, others do not at all. Proof enough for me that what you say is not the entire truth. I have friends that are neither macho nor needy. So many colors in the rainbow.

Your goal in seems to be right. Mine is to be happy. Take care :)

No, you got this wrong. The vast majority of men in SL  that I have encountered are more of the "Broke-Arsed, Couldn't get laid in RL if they were a piece of tile, Living in their mama's basement with a jar of Vasoline and an inhaler" types.

Macho Man is a rare breed. 

Where can a girl get one of those?

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Vegro has projected his thinking on you, Tex. Do you feel you must apologize for who you are as Vegro implies? If you don't, then there is nothing to feel strange about and Vegro's projection was just that.

Oh no, Madelaine..I get that he's a moron. I just didn't want to answer the question and come off sounding stupid.

Tex Monday wrote:

Vegro has projected his thinking on you, Tex. Do you feel you must apologize for who you are as Vegro implies? If you don't, then there is nothing to feel strange about and Vegro's projection was just that.

Oh no, Madelaine..I get that he's a moron. I just didn't want to answer the question and come off sounding stupid.

This^^ reads like another apology.  The only way to come off sounding 'stupid' is to offer stupid opinions based on your projections of yourself.  Perhaps it is Madelaine that is projecting her thinking on you ergo the low opinion you have in your ability to articulate exactly what you both mean and feel.  I have seen this before.   What words lead you to believe the OP is a moron?  

Storm Clarence wrote:

This^^ reads like another apology.  The only way to come off sounding 'stupid' is to offer stupid opinions based on your projections of yourself.  Perhaps it is Madelaine that is projecting her thinking on you ergo the low opinion you have in your ability to articulate exactly what you both mean and feel.  I have seen this before.   What words lead you to believe the OP is a moron?  

Thank you, but I don't need to be psychoanalized.

tumblr_m7oomdCcml1r0k9wzo1_500.gif

Tex Monday wrote:

Oh, if only I had your wisdom, Tex ;-)