Sign in to follow this  
Vegro Solari

The Men of SL- a Controversial Guide to Them.

Storm Clarence wrote:

Tracy Redangel wrote:

This thread is still going? What on earth for? 

I, for one, had nothing better to do.  

I wish I had your problem.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Tracy Redangel wrote:

I wish I had your problem.

It's a bit too early for cocktails, so posting seems an excellent alternative. 

Storm Clarence wrote:

Tracy Redangel wrote:

Ditto, I was grading papers while replying, and listening to tunes. So, yeah, nothing better to do :P

Tari Landar wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Tracy Redangel wrote:

Ditto, I was grading papers while replying, and listening to tunes. So, yeah, nothing better to do
:P

I was pondering methods of cold fusion, and solutions for world peace.  I can always think about them tomorrow, or Friday.  

ETA I golf on Thursday's in case you were wondering.  

Storm Clarence wrote:

Tari Landar wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Tracy Redangel wrote:

Ditto, I was grading papers while replying, and listening to tunes. So, yeah, nothing better to do

I was pondering methods of cold fusion, and solutions for world peace.  I can always think about them tomorrow, or Friday.  

My front yard is a golf course, putt putt of course. My children did it when I wasn't paying attention and they were pretending to be working on their Greek and Latin. It's actually quite the impressive course made entirely of rocks, sticks, leaves and other things found in nature.

I know, irrelevant to the topic :D I de-railed.

Tari Landar wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Tari Landar wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Tracy Redangel wrote:

My front yard is a golf course, putt putt of course. My children did it when I wasn't paying attention and they were pretending to be working on their Greek and Latin. It's actually quite the impressive course made entirely of rocks, sticks, leaves and other things found in nature.

I know, irrelevant to the topic
:D
I de-railed.

I could introduce a controversial element to the discussion.

Like why is the OP prejudiced against alternative lifestyles? 

Why does the OP think this is limited to strictly heterosexual relationships? 

Is it not possible that in MM or FF relationships that a "classy" M or F could be seeking that "Unique," what he refers to as a "superperson" M or F respectively?

Perrie Juran wrote:

Is it not possible that in MM or FF relationships that a "classy" M or F could be seeking that "Unique," what he refers to as a "superperson" M or F respectively?

Don't ask me as I have better things to do :|

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Or maybe a transgender relationship...how's that for adding something to the conversation???

Tex Monday wrote:

Madelaine McMasters wrote:
I don't know where you've been living, but I've found men to be nifty creatures that defy categorization. Most of them seem to feel the same way about women.

******************************************************************************************************************************************

You women don't defy categorization...we just can't figure you out!!! :matte-motes-sunglasses-1:

Do like we do, throw up your hands and exclaim, "Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em!"

I have news for you, Vegro: if you gather a wide enough variety of fruits, you're going to find that some of them are bright red, and some are bright yellow; and then others will be in other hues and tones. Yeah, not kidding you.... you'll see them, and you'll have to be prepared to recognize them for their colour. I'd even give you a spectrometer, but first I want you to absorb the shocking news.

Glad to be of help, anyway.

NEVER too early for cocktails.  If you mean the drink. I dont wanna think about male genital shaped tails atm. :catmad: ALWAYS too early for that ~grins~

PS I got better things to do just dont feel like em

Some of the "fruits"  will surely have warm colouration, some cool. Have we any conscientious objectors to that broad subdivision, on the grounds that it ignores so many unique hues?

The question is not "should we so graphically categorize people",  but "what categorizations are useful when".

As for various kinky female-female or male-male or gender-bender situations, I refuse to discuss them as if they were (or should be considered) the equal of natural. They are all by comparison unimportant, if you ask me.

Tex Monday wrote:

I don't know where you've been living, but I've found men to be nifty creatures that defy categorization. Most of them seem to feel the same way about women.

******************************************************************************************************************************************

You women don't defy categorization...we just can't figure you out!!! :matte-motes-sunglasses-1:

Do like we do, throw up your hands and exclaim, "Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em!"

And THEN, we start drinking......:matte-motes-sunglasses-1:

Vegro Solari wrote:

Some of the "fruits"  will surely have warm colouration, some cool. Have we any conscientious objectors to that broad subdivision, on the grounds that it ignores so many unique hues?

The question is not "should we so graphically categorize people",  but "what categorizations are useful when".

As for various kinky female-female or male-male or gender-bender situations, I refuse to discuss them as if they were (or should be considered) the equal of natural. They are all by comparison unimportant, if you ask me.

Nature disagrees with your opinion that alternate sexualities are not (the equal of) natural...

You aren't the first to think that nature is unimportant, nor will you be the last.

Vegro Solari wrote:

I can see where Vegro is coming from on this...although I disagree with it. Same Sex AV or Gender Benders are looking for the same type of relationships that "Standard" (please don't jump on me for that...I couldn't find the right word) relationships are looking for.

I do hope that this doesn't turn the thread into a political discussion of Same Sex unions..that's not where this was supposed to go

Tex Monday wrote:

Vegro Solari wrote:

I can see where Vegro is coming from on this...although I disagree with it. Same Sex AV or Gender Benders are looking for the same type of relationships that "Standard" (please don't jump on me for that...I couldn't find the right word) relationships are looking for.

I do hope that this doesn't turn the thread into a political discussion of Same Sex unions..that's not where this was supposed to go

I understand Vegro's comment quite differently than you Tex, though I do agree with your contention that we all seem to want many of the same things from our relationships with others.

I found Vegro's comment to be ignorant of the facts and dismissive of people who do not conform to his categories. It's instructive to note not just what categories Vegro creates, but how he uses them.

Vegro Solari wrote:

As for various kinky female-female or male-male or gender-bender situations, ...

Funny. I don't recall anyone mentioning kink(s). If you think that same-sex attraction/relations, or falling outside of the gender binary, are inherently "kinky"... a) you don't know the definition of the word; b) you don't know what you're talking about; and c) your confirmation as a Neanderthal is near complete.

Tex Monday wrote:

Vegro Solari wrote:

I understand Vegro's comment quite differently than you Tex, though I do agree with your contention that we all seem to want many of the same things from our relationships with others.

I found Vegro's comment to be ignorant of the facts and dismissive of people who do not conform to his categories. It's instructive to note not just what categories Vegro creates, but how he uses them.

I know that I am not speaking any new or great words of wisdom here when I say this, but my take on people is that we all want to be liked, we want to be loved, we want to be respected.  I know that I'm that way also.  Heck, in study after study about what employees want in a job, salary aside, the #1 thing is to be acknowledged for the work they do.

But you know, whispering sweet nothings in someones ear really doesn't work if you know the whisperer doesn't really believe the sweet nothings.

He speaks of the different guy and actually makes us sound like a minority.

But then he goes on to say:

"What this kind of guy needs, what will make him yours forever, is....  your genuine admiration.  You have to be unafraid to show him how he amazes you."

The size of the ego this different guy must have if that is what it takes to win his heart!  And if that is what it takes to win his heart, how is that different from what it takes to win the heart of either the needy guy or the macho man?

So what is it that this different guy really wants.  Simply put, it is someone he can enjoy life with.  Someone who enjoys smelling the roses as much as he does.  Someone who can even get pleasure out of watching a blade of grass grow.  Someone he can care for and who cares for him too.