Artist block

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I'm feel like drawing but I don't know what do draw >~< 

I'm trying to draw more than just anime character so any one have any idea's? 

I hope if I get good enough I might  be able to sell some art work . 

So Please if you could help me think of something ill or you like me to try to draw an idea you have please let me know :) Ill be able to try. 

Thanks for taking time to read my post. 

<3 Abbey 

It could be time for you to do something else besides anime then? I always recommend doing realism, it enhances your art skills and is easy to check yourself. Just draw what is around you, if it doesn't look right you can see where you were wrong etc. Breaking down everything into the basic shapes and building up is a great way to practice art while you wait for a job to come in.. Usually while I do this I get an idea for a new drawing anyhow!

You need to find inspiration and beauty in some other things, besides anime, if you want to try more than just anime characters. Anything can help you, rl or sl... Just go outside your current area that you hang out. Explore places, people, shapes, colors, lights. You don't even need to leave your home, if you login to SL and open Destination guide there are tons of locations that will leave you speachless! Take your time and don't force yourself, I believe you know it allready, inspiration will come by itself, one second you're standing all helpless and next one you will want to draw 100 things at once.

Now one thing is to make art just for yourself and completely other is to do it for selling. I wouldn't think of selling and earning money if I were you. Just do your art, do what you find pretty and make sure you show it to everyone! Selling comes on its own, when you become good at what you do and enough people see your work. Think of it like this: if 100 people see your work, 10 will love it and 1 will pay for it. These numbers can be different, I never saw your work lol. Important thing is not to bother yourself with earnings, it will kill your mood and inspiration. 

One more thing you can ask yourself is what do you want for yourself, besides anime? SL is a big world with countless possibilities, you can draw anything! But if I suggest you to try with bdsm will you like it? If I can offer you tons of bdsm drawings to do and sell, will you enjoy it, do you find any beauty in it? If you don't enjoy it, it will be bad, no matter the skills. So think of what you like? 

And for end, think of what SL people need? Think like psychologist and ask yourself what they like best? My answer for this is avatars. For most people in SL biggest value is their own avatar, and if they spend money on something, avatars will be first. So my suggestion is to go on and draw avatars, start with your own and your friends avatars. If you're lucky and good enough they will put it in their profiles and other people will see it, this is how you will start with advertising. When strangers start to contact you asking to do something you can start and charge some money:) But money is for the time spent, not to become rich. SL is meant to be fun and relaxing, my reward is not in money but when I open my friends list and see half of people still have profile pics that I did:)

Hope I helped!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.