NEED HELP - Hacker/Possible Real Life Stalker

Mayalily

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4198 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Really, even after reading several time your original post, i dont see what can be the purpose of someone who would log into your account just to drop 3 textures in your inventory and a notecard.

You need to check your preference menu and to see if your autoaccept inventory offers is checked or not.

another thing that can happen and from what ive recently learnt, (but well, its the way it should work, but not really what im experiencing.), is that the inventory offers you can have while you are not inworld, are never capped but you can miss the message inworld (because this one can be capped), so, since inventory offers(between avatars) are supposed to never been lost, but ims are capped after 25 (and often even before), i guess that you can recieve inventory offers even without notification or accept ask. there is someone in the forum that will explain you this better than me.

Did you tried to contact the person who sent the pics,  inworld ? maybe he will be able to explain you what happened. 

i think your reaction is a lil excessive. i understand indeed, your fear to have been hacked, but before calling police, the best is to be sure of what happened.

there are many ways these pics can have arrived into your inventory and they are not all illegal. And again, if someone, log with your account when you are not at your pc, i bet that this person wont leave things that will be evidence of the login in your inventory. Except if this person is awesomely stupid i really dont see the purpose of login into your account and just drop 3 pics and an advertising notecard. But maybe i dont understand your original post enough well.

another thing to check : when you clik on the texture proprieties : who is the creator ?

if someone logged into your account, and put this pics in your inventory, this person has to upolad them himself with your account. so you would have been charged 10 L$ per pic and u can easlily check this in your transaction history. and you should be displayed as the creator of these pics

Otherwise, this has been sent by another avi. And again, who can be so stupid for loging into your account on the purpose to only accept these pics in your inventory  OR to leave so stupid evidence of his logging into your account ? 

Really, i think that there are more obvious reasons that are not for worry about to explain what happened.

Mayalily wrote:

I just noticed now that the picture also says right next to it in paraenthesis -- no modify, no transfer. How was this person able to do that...put a real life picture in my computer that is no modify/no transfer?  Anyone have any idea how they made that picture no modify/no transfer?

You meant into your inventory, not into your computer, right?

If I remember correctly, the sender was the creator of those things. He sets the perms for the next owner, not for himself. You're the next owner.

Rez a prim.

Texture the prim with the photograph.

Size the prim until you get the clearest resolution.

Post (snapshot) the textured prim to your my.secondlife.com (the feeds.)

Take a screen shot of your feed.

Print.  

Caveat: How do you know the photograph is of the same person who sent it?  Perhaps they ripped a photo of someone else.

PS I remember very well you accusing others of stalking you on the forum... namely me!  Go figure.

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

another thing to check : when you clik on the texture proprieties : who is the creator ?

if someone logged into your account, and put this pics in your inventory, this person has to upolad them himself with your account. so you would have been charged 10 L$ per pic and u can easlily check this in your transaction history. and you should be displayed as the creator of these pics

Otherwise, this has been sent by another avi. And again, who can be so stupid for loging into your account on the purpose to only accept these pics in your inventory  OR to leave so stupid evidence of his logging into your account ? 

Really, i think that there are more obvious reasons that are not for worry about to explain what happened.

Just checking in with thread, but not enough time to answer everyone.

I never noticed this auto accept thing before but it is not checked.  What I have checked is automatically view notecards, textures and landmarks after accepting.  The auto accept is not checked -- it's off. 

What creeped me out was the pics taken of my avi were of me in a bloody vampire dress my avi was wearing for Halloween and the pics this person took were put in my trash area, along with the picture of himself or someone else...?  Yes, the persons username is on the pictures and was given to the police.  What also was very creepy was the notecard in the trash also that read -- the electronic world is reality, the game occurs in the physical world. 

Anyways, not much else to add at this time.  I'm just taking precautions and trying to figure out how this happened. 

I just wonder in which country police bothering with that stuff... Actually I'm pretty sure I know the answer already, but I'm not gonna post my assumptions to not start a flame war.

But still, talking about overreaction lol.
People get hacked left and right, in games, social networks, sl, everywhere. Internet is full of griefers too, so often those hacked people can find some "surprises" on their accounts, but nothing new here.
But what police can/should do about that? Hacker/griefer can be from another part of the world. Also I'm not sure about other countries, but I don't recall my country had a law which would've said I can't hack someone's account in mmorpg or sl for example. Yes, it would break ToS of LL (in our case), but that's it, it's not a crime, so nothing police can do about that.

Instead of police you should've bothered LL for real. They can track some stuff and if the hacker was stupid enough, find his main account and ban him. Although if that hacker was prepaired, they won't find him.

If the pics and nc were in your trash folder this mean only you discarded them Or you have recieved them while you were in unvailable status and so they were droped automatically to your trash folder. The message on the notecard looks like an ad slogan. Nothing more.

This doesnt mean at all, someone logged into your account. Its Halloween season, and well, maybe a photograph shop took these pics to show you what they can do, or could be also a simple lover.

anyway i agree with Steeljane, i wouldnt never dare to go with such complain to the police of my country bec they would laugh to my face. Since these items have been droped to ur trash folder, i dont see where is the pb bec there are many good reasons and not worring at all, for this happened. If you had still doubts, first the better things to do would have to contact the sender himself, second, you should have asked LL .

I know really well what is fear, rl made me a real suspicious persons, but in this case, i would have investigate before within SL before.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4198 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.