Temp rezzer for Demos?

Poison Aura

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4200 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, Im new deving here and got 2 questions.

1. I wanted to ask if is it possible to make a Demo shape with Temp rezzer.

I saw the demo temp rezzer on a curtain, and loved the idea.

Why my question (and not make hands and feets at 100%)? Because mesh feet and hands.

That would take the hands and feet at 100% of demos to a "nice and wearable size", so the demo shapes will become "wearable shapes", so I just removed all the demos of my listings.

2. (and gues this should go to Mesh forum).

Im a mesher on Imvu.com, worked there during 4 years and work with 3D Max.

Is it possible to use 3D max for making mesh avatars here or only Blender?

Ty so much and have a nice weekend :)

Poison

You can't temp rez an avatar, so no, that would not work.  Other methods I can think of to model wouldn't help much either, A shape and skin work together to produce the look of an individual avatar and so it is important to try them on together.  A bot or mesh model, the other two ways I could think of, would not fulfill the need to see what my skin looks like with your shape.  Most people will not buy shapes if they can't try them on, unless they are very cheap and it is no big loss if the shape doesn't work with a skin.  I understand why  you don't want to offer demos, however by not offering them you limit your market considerably. So you need to balance the bitty to reach a large market at a price point you consider fair against the few losses you may have by someone using them with mesh feet and hands.  Most people are honest and I have not heard of shape makers saying this is a problem for them.

Yes, you can use 3DMax for creating mesh for SL.  Blender is popular only because it is free, however mesh creators use a lot of other programs for creating mesh too.  For specific help with creating mesh for SL on 3D max, post your questions in the mesh forum.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4200 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.