Hat hair?

Ricky40

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4204 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is there somewhere I can buy hair that fits under the front of hats or hoodies? I have some nice hoodies, but my only two options see to be going bald to wear them or having my hair shoot up through them. I know that some hats come with hair built in but some do not, so is there a way to buy hair that would fit these situation?

I've never seen hair sold to wear under hats in general,  however sometimes the hair that comes with a hat has the hat as a separate item to wear. Even if the hair and hat are attached, you can remove the hat if the hair is mod.

I don't buy hat hair unless I really like the hat  I make a copy of modifiable hair I already have and wear it and wear the hat I want to wear with it.  I then move the hair prims around or push them under the hat , or even unlink and delete some so that it won't poke through the hat.

To do this you need to know how to use the edit tools and how to edit linked prims.  It isn't hard to do, but if your hair has a LOT of prims it may take a while.  Use a pose stand when you do this for the best results.  To unlink and delete prims, while wearing the hair , pull them far away from it so you know which ones you don't want,  Then detach it and rezz it on the ground to unlink the prims and delete them.

Tex Monday wrote:

Your best bet is to find hats that you wear in different places...like chin or nose. That way, you can pick whatever hair you want and the hat will fit right over it. I have that with my cowboy hat.

That really only works when your hair is short or there are no flexy prims uner the hat, unless you stretch the hat to fit over your hair,  Then the hat is way out of proportion and looks bad. 

If you use a newer viewer you can attach more than one thing to a specific attachment point too.  So gone are the days of putting a hat on only to have your hair disappear.

ETD used to make just bangs for the front of her hairs, and they could possibly be good for hats too if she still sells them. I like using a good hair tattoo as well, just so it's not obvious that hair is missing under the hat.

I make hats with hair included, but they might not suit the style you are after, not being hoodies. Oh and I just realised you're a bloke, so you would definately look weird in them, lololol.

Amethyst's way sounds the most painful (if you don't love editing until your fingers bleed like some of us), but is the best way. It's nice to pop a copy of each modified hair into the hat folder. :)

I agree, learning to edit your prims is super helpful.  Many items of clothing jewelry and hair dont fit exactly right out of the box and learning to adjust and tweak them to perfectly fit you will make your avie look more polished overall.  You can find free building classes---it doesnt matter what you learn to build or craft the skills used are the same to build a house as to fix your hat hair: )  BTW, hair has a bunch of prims so it not only takes editing skills you will need patience...but worth it.  Remember though that this will not work on mesh hair which cannot be edited

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4204 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.