Recommendations in the profile.

Chassie Rowley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4207 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Just a shot in the dark...when and how does one get new friend recommendation in the profile?. Quite literally, SL has been sending me the same names for months, even though I have tried changing my interests. Is there a trick I'm unaware of or perhaps its a quirk of SL?

EDIT: I have no problems with the recommedation feature 'cept it keeps repeating the SAME names from visit to visit. I'm hoping to jumble it up a bit and get some NEW recommendations. In fact, I do have another av and it get NO recommedations at all, even though the interests are changed occationally (the opposite of my posted question).

SL is a strange but fun friend.

ANOTHER EDIT: I've cleaned out the cache and browsing history. I've tried it with a new puter!

Same ol same ol...same names as recommendations. It's far from a deal breaker but to see NEW friend recommendations would be nice (may have to buy a Powerball ticket the day new names come up).

2 answers to this question

The way to avoid getting new friend recommendations is to leave your interests completely blank.  In fact, if you do that and set all of your Privacy settings to their most restrictive level, you will never be bothered by those intrusive features at all.  The only thing you have to remember is that when you add a friend, the profile system defaults to have you "follow" that person, so you have to go in periodically and deliberately reverse that setting.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4207 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.