My Camera sticks: i try to pan up, dwn, L or R: but it sticks in one direction Bottom-L or R

Zoebug Agrawal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4207 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

UPDATED OCTOBER 17

Hi I would be very grateful for a fix of ongoing repetitive issue I have. I have asked before on firestorm inworld help but never got the proper solution.
[1] My camera sticks. i may want to pan up or right or left, or move it L-R/Up-Down. But every now and again it sticks usually bottom -left or right. I end up spiralling and looking up at the soles of my feet.

[2]I have tried escape-shift. escape, control-9, putting rear camera focus back to default (it is already) NO EFFECT.

[3] Removing all clothes and attachments, test for female, phoenix emergencies avatars...this has happened for a long time...and many different outfits. NO DIFFERENCE
[4]Clearing cache and application support does not fix it. FAILS
[5] Complete clean removal and reinstall sometimes (not this time) for a few days.
[6] My main viewer is Firestorm, but it occurs on all viewers i have tried from Viewer 2 to Exodus
( I can not remember when it started, but I am sure it has occurred on many viewers for me)
[7] I have so many personal settings in preferences...its so frustrating setting the up each time.

Any ideas?

REPLY 1

Thank you for replying :)  Alas, Yes Rolig .. http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_camera..... i have tried many times ...only a complete reinstall works for a while...even that failed twice last night.  (sorry cant see how to reply directly to your post) 

REPLY 2

Hi Meridith :)

Mostly by way of the on-screen pop up

I use my arrow keys to move myself

My mouse ( a Razer Cyborg) ... to scroll

>>>>> System info

MORE INFO: Currenly using firestorm but it happens with all viewers

Firestorm 4.2.2 (29837) Aug 27 2012 19:25:26 (Firestorm-Release)
Release Notes

You are at 262094.0, 321307.0, 456.8 in Angels of Love located at sim9037.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.41.213:13015)
Second Life Server 12.10.08.265664
Error fetching server release notes URL.

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     P8600  @ 2.40GHz (2400 MHz)
Memory: 8192 MB
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.8.2 Darwin 12.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 12.2.0: Sat Aug 25 00:48:52 PDT 2012; root:xnu-2050.18.24~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 320M OpenGL Engine

OpenGL Version: 2.1 NVIDIA-8.0.61

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8q zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: KDU
Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: metaharper (appalachian_sky)
Font Used: Deja Vu (96)
Draw distance: 128
Bandwidth: 500
LOD factor: 2
Built with GCC version 40201
Packets Lost: 39/340069 (0.0%)

A to Qs asked on the firestorm jira I posted

I do regularly change the font size on my browser (via zoom), I can not remember if I have ever done it globally.

I do have tinkertool...but again sorry can not remember if I have ever used to increase font size ...but have reset it to the default (did not notice change)

My mouse is a Razer Cyborg ...really comfy.
As advised DisableMouseWarp -> now set to TRUE.

Did a clean super clean reinstall with an all round computer clean and maintenance this morning...currently camera behaving ...the time to it goes wrong (if the above changes dont work) varies bt minutes and weeks)

zoebug.agrawal added a comment - 16/Oct/12, 07:05 PM +0200 - edited

It does seem to happen when I a moving things about on my parcel ( maybe it sense maximum annoyance time lol)(part of a friends sim...she does not suffer my issue)
It seems to have happened with all my various avatar configurations.

This time I have not played with the various camera options in preferences..like disable camera constraints (I think I always had before)

***UPDATE  OCTOBER 17

hi

My camera is stuck again.

I was inworld moving things about, I think resizing a dome at the time, my computer froze up (that is not typically connected to my camera sticking). I left my computer for a couple of hours. Came back rebooted computer, relaunched firestorm - camera stuck.

Other programs running inc both firefox and chrome.

zoe

2 answers to this question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4207 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.