Looking for custom car builder

SoniaStrummFan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a project I've been wanting to have done, but have been having difficulty finding a car builder in SL. The project is a dark blue 2002 Chrysler Sebring Lxi convertible. Does anyone know any good builders out there I might be able to commission? If any builders are reading this, and are able to take on the project, contact me here or in SL so we can work something out. I'm ready to provide specifics for the project. Any good point in the right direction would be greatly appeciated.

Car's not so I can sell it. And if you look at the cars sold by Haru Motors, you'll see that they're modelled in the likeness of actually cars. They just don't feature the company's logo and go under a different name. Pro Street Cars does the same thing. This isn't a project I want to make a prophet on. The car is just something for me.

hi Drake

The subject of IP rights has been discussed many times before here , I just did a quick search and the first i found relevent to vehicles is this one : http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Building-and-Texturing-Forum/TOS-amp-Copyright-Building-Question/m-p/1213623#M4182  message 6. I remember Chosen and others, but especially him explaining in detail why this is so in another thread .

As Sonia is not asking for a  trademark badge to appear anywhere on the car and as long as she doesn't call it a Chrysler something or other ........... then there is no problem .

Thank you! :) That's what I'm saying. I've been specifically of the 2002 Chrysler Sebring Lxi Convertible, but I'm fully aware of the copyright laws. I'm by no means asking or expecting Chrysler's trademarked loge to appear anywhere on the vehicle. Or even for it to use the name. If someone takes on the project, they can call the car whatever they like. As long as it looks like the real thing, or as close as possible, I'll know what it is. Believe me,  I have no wish or intention of getting myself or anyone else in any kind of legal trouble.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.