Can someone 'take copy' of my build while it is still 'full perms'?

AnthonyMann

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4210 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

If someone at a sandbox is watching me build, can they select my full perm object and 'take copy' of it?

My wife, who has edit permissions, did this to one of my builds and has a NoCopy/NoMod/Trans copy of it in her inventory. It was automatically set Nocopy/Nomod. This made us wonder if a person who is not friended or does not have edit permissions, could they take a copy of my build since it was still 'full perms' when I was working on it?

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

Yes and no.

Someone who does not have edit permissions for your objects cannot take them (either original or a copy), even if it is full perm.

UNLESS...

...they are using illegal copybot software.  In that case, it does not matter what permissions you have set.  Copybot can copy anything except scripts.

If you are concerned about this (and if you are building items for resale, you should be) then don't build in a public sandbox.  Join a group that offers a private sandbox, or pay for a Premium membership and use the Premium-only sandboxes.  Copybotters seldom shell out money for Premium memberships.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4210 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.