How to fix screen tearing?

DjWhiteBoi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4204 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I built a new pc and have a pretty awesome graphics cards.  However, the screen gets all fuzzy and lines going through it when I move.

I don't remember it being this bad on my old pc..   I think the option is in antialiasing to fix this?  I've tried everything from 2x up to 16x on that option and still have the problem =/

I'm using Phoenix but I dont think that matters?

EDIT:  its not letting me reply to the answers for some reason.  Anyways, its not the drivers cause I've already updated.  And this only happens in full screen mode

2 answers to this question

Your card may be brand new but it may have been sitting in a box on the shelf for a while.  There may be newer drivers for it by now.   Check on the manufacturer's web site.

Mac drivers are included with OS upgrades. However, to determine what card you have, select “About this Mac” from the Apple menu, then click “More Info”. Under Hardware select Graphics/Displays
If you are not sure what type of video card you have, use GPU-Z found (win only) here. For linux, in a console use: lspci | grep VGA

Nvidia Video Driver

• Latest driver Last checked Sep 25th- Windows: 306.23 (Sep 13) beta: 306.02 (Aug 27) - Linux: 304.51 (Sep 24)

ATI Video Driver

• Latest driver Last checked Sep 25th- Windows and Linux: 12.8 (Aug 15)

Intel Video Driver

• Intel driver download page Intel does not have a universal driver set. Please go to Intel's site and select the appropriate download.
  • Like 1

Screentearing on a running image is coming from the upper and lower image part not updating syncronously this can happen when your Framerate goes over the refresh rate of your monitor , which often is 60hz , in this case having more than 60 Frames per second can result in having screentearing. To prevent that from happening you´ll have to enable Vertical Sync which is not on by default in Viewer 1. in Viewer 3 this shouldnt happen as Vertical Sync is forced on in these and cannot be disabled anymore.

But beware the option is called Disable Vertical Sync, meaning it must be UNCHECKED to enable it.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4204 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.