Clothe missing, "Link broken?"

Ricky40

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4199 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Wondering if anyone can help me with this. I went to put on an outft and the shirt was missing, (A fairly pricy one form Guarded Cross). I searched my inventory and it was gone, but the link in my outift section said "Link broken."

Can anyone explain to me what happnened to my shirt?

Thankyou in advance,

Ricky Salvatore

How could I "Lose my shirt" though, it just sits in my inventory, it's not like I took it out and left it lying somewhere, if it is in your invenotory then it should stay in your inventory adn not dissapear, these are the kind oif things we trust when we make a purchase!

You don't need to loose a shirt to make the inventory link get broken. Renameing it will cause to break the link as well as will editing it (on prim parts). Sometimes at least .. and of course copying the item and then wearing the copy while the link points to the original that you might have deleted or renamed.

But broken links are no problem to fix. Just open the inventory and find the shirt and then either drag-drop it into the outfit folder (in the inventory window, and not in the the outfit window). In this case, the item will automatically create a link in the outfit folder or 'copy-paste as link' the item into the outfit folder.

I create and play with outfits all the time and do this a lot when updating and changing older outfits.

Ricky40 wrote:

How could I "Lose my shirt" though, it just sits in my inventory, it's not like I took it out and left it lying somewhere, if it is in your invenotory then it should stay in your inventory adn not dissapear, these are the kind oif things we trust when we make a purchase!

Wait. So the shirt itself is still in your inventory? I thought you said it was gone.

Then it's just that the link was broken and Rin already explained perfectly how and why that happenes.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4199 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.