Something in inventory won't let me load.

Kaia Kiyori

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4367 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I think I accepted something into my inventory last night.

As of now, after a clean re-install, clearing cache, I logged in. I appeared as a cloud. My  inventory was very slow to load, then after a certain point, the viewer shut down.

Now, when I try to log in, one of two things happen: The load bar gets almost to the end and viewer crashes, or I get the message that the region is re-logging. please try again in a minute.

I can get on my alternate Avatars just fine. I normally use Firestorm, but tried through the SL viewer and still the same thing.

Is there any way to search my inventory to find the offending item?  Will I ever be able to log in again?

12:20pm Edit: Cleaned cache again, deleted items as per suggested below, uninstalled and re-installed viewer. Can log into my other avatar JUST FINE. It is ONLY this one that is giving me issues.

Why one and not the others? No one can explain this blasted phenomenon?

Oh, and reset the female avatar, slowly put the pieces back on, took off a noob hair and crash. Just now tried to look at my current outfit.... crash.

02:08pm Still not loading any of my items. Can't teleport either. My inventory sits at "Fetching 375 Items..." and nothing more. I have over 18000 items.

This is not a viewer issue, this is a LL issue, because if it was viewer, I wouldn't be able to log in as my other toon.

1 answer to this question

Well, don't worry about inventory.  Nothing there can hurt you, for two reasons.  First, your inventory is just a list, like a Table of Contents.  All it does is point your viewer to the address where the description of each item sits in SL's servers.  Second, no asset in SL "exists" until it is rezzed.  Even if you had picked up something dangerous, like a rogue script, it couldn't do anything as long as it was in your inventory.

So, something else is going on.  There are many good reasons why you may be crashing.  I suspect that you may have simply accumulated too many notifications (in the lower right corner of your viewer screen), but the list of other possibilities is long enough that I think it's better if I point you to it and let you read .....

Here >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/login_fail

And here >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_install_crash

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4367 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.