Picked up all my furniture and objects and somehow they reappeared at my last place

Mitchell Indigo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I had moved out of a house I was living at in SL and before I move out of any place, I pick up all of my objects.  However, for some odd reason, everything reappeared and I can't understand how or why.  I have since moved to another place and have taken out a majority of the furniture I used at the old place and much of it is no copy as well.  Has anyone had this before?  What could have caused this?

Hi, if you moved last Wednesday, a very large number of regions had to be rolled back to an earlier state. If you picked up your stuff after the point they rolled back to, it will have reappeared in the old location like that.  Also sometimes when regions crash, the same thing happens, because a newer sim state (backup file) wasn't made in time, and an older one is used for the restore.

The region you came from may have had problems and needed to be "rolled back" - had a previous state loaded from a backup. Things in position in-world and things in your inventory are kept track of separately so when a region is rolled back it doesn't check people's inventory with no-copy items. This is bad when a region crashes right after you place a no-copy item because it's no longer in your inventory but it may not be in world after the crash, but it's good in a situation like this. You can take back the duplicated items from your old lot and think of them as backups for the next time something bad happens in-world.

Mitchell Indigo wrote:

Could the items disappear if it's eventually found out that I picked the items up before the rollback?

Not really. The system isn't designed to sort out messes like that automatically, and LL will only go to the bother is something really abusive is going on.

This quirk in the system doesn't always work out in your favor. If you had rezzed a no copy item during that window and then the sim rolled back, you'd have lost it.

Not only a roleback but anytime a SIM is restarted whether purposely or by glitch (accident).

When a SIM is restarted during rolling restarts or an estate mgr does it or whoever at  the Lab may initiate one, before the SIM goes off line, the SIM STATE is saved.  Any changes you make between the Save and the Restart will be lost.

Similarly, SIM STATES are regularly being saved periodically. (I Forget the exact frequency but I think its every couple of hours).  If a SIM goes down (crashes, etc), when it restarts it restarts at the point of the last save.  Anything you've done between these two points in time will be lost, leaving you with the idea that things reverted.

This is also why you lose no copy items.  Some how the Lab needs to come up with a way to keep no copy items associated with your inventory after you rezz them so they don't get lost in these situations.

I hope I've expressed this clearly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.