Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Eboni Khan

Instant Transfer/Process to Paypal, Please

Recommended Posts

Can we please have instant cashouts? Merchants have requested this feature for years and we still do not have it. With the purchase of Xstreet, the instant cashout function there was eventually removed. All of the Lindex competitors have instant cashouts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Eboni Khan wrote:

Can we please have instant cashouts? Merchants have requested this feature for years and we still do not have it. With the purchase of Xstreet, the instant cashout function there was eventually removed. All of the Lindex competitors have instant cashouts. 

+ 1

This would be a nice feature to have again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Ashasekayi Ra wrote:


Eboni Khan wrote:

Can we please have instant cashouts? Merchants have requested this feature for years and we still do not have it. With the purchase of Xstreet, the instant cashout function there was eventually removed. All of the Lindex competitors have instant cashouts. 

+ 1

This would be a nice feature to have again.

 

 

 

Indeed it would be sooooo welcomed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Porky Gorky wrote:

At the very least they could offer instant cashouts to those of us that have premium accounts.

I'm one of those non-Premium people that routinely pushes back when people suggest that features be restricted to only Premium accounts. But this happens to be one of those that I support as a Premium-only benefit. My understanding of the lag between selling L$ and depositing the cash to PayPal is the necessity of preventing fraud. But with Premium accounts, there is a much tighter connection between the account holder's financial info and LL, thus a much lower (some would say negligible) level of risk for fraud.

So add my vote to your suggestion Porky. Good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the improvements to the premium account that LL has made in recent years are great for new people and casual users, the free gifts, Linden Homes, free premium sandboxes etc. But non of that is of any use to someone like me who is here to do business. I have never needed to own a home here, I have land to build on so don't need a sandbox and make nearly all my own content. So I would like to see a few premium incentives aimed more at the merchant community who have premium accounts. I think they should introduce the following.

Instant / priority USD cashouts

Priority placement over non premium users when placing L$ sell/buy  orders on the Lindex. 

More flexibility on upload costs for textures, mesh, sounds, animations etc. Either let us upload a certain amount for free each month or make packages available where we can pay for bulk uploads in advance, reducing the cost the more we buy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Porky Gorky wrote:

At the very least they could offer instant cashouts to those of us that have premium accounts.

I think at this time and age there's no excuse to take as long as it takes for them to send you your money, so instant cashouts should be the norm no matter what, but if LL must have conditions for it, I think the Premium thing is a great idea! Someone set up a JIRA or something for it (I don't know how!) and post a link here and it will get my vote!  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Ashtyn Ninetails wrote:


Porky Gorky wrote:

At the very least they could offer instant cashouts to those of us that have premium accounts.

I think at this time and age there's no excuse to take as long as it takes for them to send you your money, so instant cashouts should be the norm no matter what, but if LL must have conditions for it, I think the Premium thing is a great idea! Someone set up a JIRA or something for it (I don't know how!) and post a link here and it will get my vote!  
:)

We can't see new jiras filed by others anymore. The voting has gone *poof*.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Honza Noyes wrote:

This would be very useful. Since the JIRA changes, is there any way to file a feature request there?

Give it a whirl, new bugs aren't visible to anyone but the person who submits them and authorised people, I don't know how it works with feature requests.

 

Edited to add that I've just commented on a new feature request on the Jira, so it looks like they can be openly visible. The feature request wasn't for this issue though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, it has been 8 days in 'processing' since I set up a withdrawl to paypal. The problem is that I usually try to withdrawl as soon as I realize I need the money, but by the time I actually get it I don't need it anymore! Why isn't this already a premium feature?? You would think after 8 years they could make this process a little less painful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WHERES MY MONEY!

Actually, now it has been 10 days and my funds are still processing....this is absolutely rediculous and it makes me want to pull my entire account from SL.

Go ahead, look at my sim and my products and my sales. I have spent a lot of real time and real money building this business over the last couple of years and I expect it to work like a real business. Stop holding my money to earn interrest on it and give it to me or I will move everything to cloudparty and you wont get another dime out of me. And if the fact that I am NOT a premium user is the reason that I wait longer, then I will be even more upset because I earn you guys more money than MOST subscribers. Even the IRS processed my tax return faster than I can remove money from SL...rediculous.

I demand my money MUCH sooner!

3 days should be the max, even for a non-premium member, and a premium member should get the money instantly.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no priority given to premium accounts, nor has there ever been. I cash out regularly with premium and non premium accounts, The process credit requests are made within minutes of each other and when they are processed they are always done so in the same batch, the notifications from LL arrive around the same time for premium and non premium cash outs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Drake Faudeburgh wrote:

WHERES MY MONEY!

Actually, now it has been 10 days and my funds are still processing....this is absolutely rediculous and it makes me want to pull my entire account from SL.

Go ahead, look at my sim and my products and my sales. I have spent a lot of real time and real money building this business over the last couple of years and I expect it to work like a real business.
Stop holding my money to earn interrest on it and give it to me or I will move everything to cloudparty and you wont get another dime out of me.
And if the fact that I am NOT a premium user is the reason that I wait longer, then I will be even more upset because I earn you guys more money than MOST subscribers. Even the IRS processed my tax return faster than I can remove money from SL...rediculous.

I
demand
my money MUCH sooner!

3 days should be the max, even for a non-premium member, and a premium member should get the money instantly.

 

Are you talking to us???

Or maybe LL?

Regardless, the hard truth is that I don't think either we or LL have any particular interest in whether you take your business to Cloud Party.  I mean, do you really care if I take my business to Cloud Party? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Drake Faudeburgh wrote:

WHERES MY MONEY!

Actually, now it has been 10 days and my funds are still processing....this is absolutely rediculous and it makes me want to pull my entire account from SL.

Go ahead, look at my sim and my products and my sales. I have spent a lot of real time and real money building this business over the last couple of years and I expect it to work like a real business. Stop holding my money to earn interrest on it and give it to me or I will move everything to cloudparty and you wont get another dime out of me. And if the fact that I am NOT a premium user is the reason that I wait longer, then I will be even more upset because I earn you guys more money than MOST subscribers. Even the IRS processed my tax return faster than I can remove money from SL...rediculous.

I
demand
my money MUCH sooner!

3 days should be the max, even for a non-premium member, and a premium member should get the money instantly.

 

According to the TOS , technically they don't have to convert $L to USD.. ever. 

"You acknowledge that Linden dollars are not real currency or any type of financial instrument and are not redeemable for any sum of money from Linden Lab at any time."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

According to the TOS , technically they don't have to convert $L to USD.. ever. 

"You acknowledge that Linden dollars are not real currency or any type of financial instrument and are not redeemable for any sum of money from Linden Lab at any time."

However you can sell them for a sum of money to other residents, on LL's Lindex Echange, or any third party exchange you trust.

They just are saying the LL never will buy or refund L$ to residents, in order to cover themselves for various possible scenarios.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Porky Gorky wrote:

I think the improvements to the premium account that LL has made in recent years are great for new people and casual users, the free gifts, Linden Homes, free premium sandboxes etc. But non of that is of any use to someone like me who is here to do business. I have never needed to own a home here, I have land to build on so don't need a sandbox and make nearly all my own content. So I would like to see a few premium incentives aimed more at the merchant community who have premium accounts. I think they should introduce the following.

Instant / priority USD cashouts

Priority placement over non premium users when placing L$ sell/buy  orders on the Lindex. 

More flexibility on upload costs for textures, mesh, sounds, animations etc. Either let us upload a certain amount for free each month or make packages available where we can pay for bulk uploads in advance, reducing the cost the more we buy. 

Ditto on the instant cashouts for premium! I've gotten the free gifts, and let's just say, I'd rather make the item myself. They don't look bad, but their functions are primitive, at best. All the other bonuses to a premiun account are useless to me, and I would think the same for any1 that has been in SL for more than a year.

Now, instant cashouts with a premium account, that is well worth the cost. I don't think priority placement of lindens in sell/buy orders is worth much to me tho, and I've never thought twice about uploads. It's pennies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In response @ Pamela Galli: to your idea that LL does not care if I pull my items and leave: YOU ARE WRONG

Imagine if a trend started and everyone started moving to cloudparty (which is very possible soon). Now 'we and LL' make no more money (or not enough to make it worth our while). And with SL already hurting bad, they don't want to continue bleeding the actual money-making clients like myself. If I were just another resident that does not contribute (possibly the way you feel), then you might be just a tiny bit right about them not caring that people leave, although I doubt it. There is not a single business in the entire planet that doesn't care if they lose clients unless they are a failing business. I don't know where you get your ideas from, but they make no sense at all. Take a business class or two.

I absolutely agree with just about everyone else on this forum topic except for you; the money transfer should be instant for premium accounts that are already verified, otherwise it's not worth having a premium account (the exact reason I have NEVER signed up as a premium member, because there is no real incentive). I see no reason why the processing time shouldn't be changed unless LL earns interest on the money that they are holding and thus it may be more profitable in the short term for them to take thier time processing withdrawls.

And the fact that you say "Are you talking to us???" is not a real question at all because simply reading my post would have been the answer, unless you lack basic perception. 

Question: "Regardless, the hard truth is that I don't think either we or LL have any particular interest in whether you take your business to Cloud Party.  I mean, do you really care if I take my business to Cloud Party? "

Answer: NO, your products are of no interest to me nor is your sarcastic and uneducated opinion. But the real hard truth is that LL does have interest in people flocking over to cloudparty:

Here are only 3 out of hundreds of links I found that point to relevant blogs (as a reference to what I am talking about). Next time, do some research before you attempt to belittle other members.

http://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2012/06/cloud-party-second-life.html

http://sociallymundane.com/post/25852086211/attn-second-life-youve-been-served-kind-regards

http://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2012/06/second-life-losing-10-private-land.html

P.S. I HIGHLY doubt that any staff member of LL would ever tell a customer that they do not care about their business unless that customer was costing them money or causing problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LL could give a rats ass whether or not you sell another item.. you stated yourself you cash out. Where is the support of SL? Keep your money in SL and buy things, support the inworld economy. People who cash out most of their earnings are the ones who are responsible for the decline of SL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

People who cash out most of their earnings are the ones who are responsible for the decline of SL.

 

It works both ways. If I didn't have the ability to cash out, I would have quit SL 7 or so years ago. The only factor that has kept me in SL for 8+ years is having the ability to earn real money. It is a key driving force behind the success of SL imo. It certainly got me addicted. LL has allowed me to sell my L$ for USD and in return I have paid them tens of thousands of USD's in fees. Without the ability to cash out LL would have lost out on all the money I have paid them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Porky Gorky wrote:


Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

People who cash out most of their earnings are the ones who are responsible for the decline of SL.

 

It works both ways. If I didn't have the ability to cash out, I would have quit SL 7 or so years ago. The only factor that has kept me in SL for 8+ years is having the ability to earn real money. It is a key driving force behind the success of SL imo. It certainly got me addicted. LL has allowed me to sell my L$ for USD and in return I have paid them tens of thousands of USD's in fees. Without the ability to cash out LL would have lost out on all the money I have paid them.

Cashing out and then paying for sims with it is one thing... i was speaking of the people that just cash out, without contributing to SL. The ones that dont shop, or visit clubs, sims or other places.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Drake1 Nightfire wrote:


Porky Gorky wrote:


Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

People who cash out most of their earnings are the ones who are responsible for the decline of SL.

 

It works both ways. If I didn't have the ability to cash out, I would have quit SL 7 or so years ago. The only factor that has kept me in SL for 8+ years is having the ability to earn real money. It is a key driving force behind the success of SL imo. It certainly got me addicted. LL has allowed me to sell my L$ for USD and in return I have paid them tens of thousands of USD's in fees. Without the ability to cash out LL would have lost out on all the money I have paid them.

Cashing out and then paying for sims with it is one thing... i was speaking of the people that just cash out, without contributing to SL. The ones that dont shop, or visit clubs, sims or other places.

Your statements show a deep lack of understanding about what happens and how you get to be a merchants that cashes out alot of money. Almost any1 that makes a living or supplements their income with selling in SL, has a vast networks of people that they support. Most merchants that big can't even know exactly how many people use their products to generate income. Whether the merchant sells full perm items, or has tons of affliates, or created an RPG system that helps to support RPGs, they are giving back massively to the SL community and generating value to the community, on top of the value they bring by just selling products. Generally, those that generate the most overall value to the community will be the 1's living off what they make, and the more there are, the better for LL. All of that adds value to the land that LL profits from. SL is in decline because LL has been neglecting it's merchant class for a long time now. Those merchants that cashout the most, are the most valuable commodity that LL and SL has, hence why they can cashout so much. It is them that make SL valuable to it's consumers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...