High price land usage?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I has seen some folk/groups buy land, then they set an high price on the land, so high that very few want to buy that and,  then they start to build in the land in a way that looks like they has no intention to sell the land, why do they do so and is it any benefits with have land for sale with no real intention to actual sell it?

Sometimes land is set for sale just to draw attention to it. It shows up yellow on the map (if that's enabled) and it gets into Search under land for sale. Often the price, though high, is what the owner would accept for the parcel, should someone want it so much that they're willing to pay, even though the owner doesn't really intend to sell. A variant of this is what land dealers often do: set the land for sale at some premium in case somebody wants to buy at that price, then offer it for rent at the rate they really intend.

Phil Deakins wrote:

They probably hope to get a sale at the high price. Neighbours will sometimes buy expensive land just to get rid of an eyesore.

THIS! Massively annoyed at the tiny parcels with rotating advertising stuff on them intruding on otherwise quite acceptable pieces of mainland, set for sale for tens of thousands of L$ for a parcel of <100sqm.

Rotating ads on microparcels violate the adfarm policy. AR it, and if that doesn't get a response, perhaps engage the Arbor Project to help.

Rotating is just one form of violation. The prims must be set phantom (new adscammers usually screw this up), must be attached to ground, may not exceed 8m in height above ground level, cannot emit particles nor light, and probably other stuff I'm forgetting.

I don't know what share of LL's land/governance team can still remember the policy without a reminder, so I recommend citing chapter and verse.

Qie Niangao wrote:

Rotating ads on microparcels violate
. AR it, and if that doesn't get a response, perhaps engage the Arbor Project to help.

Rotating is just one form of violation. The prims must be set phantom (new adscammers usually screw this up), must be attached to ground, may not exceed 8m in height above ground level, cannot emit particles nor light, and probably other stuff I'm forgetting.

I don't know what share of LL's land/governance team can still remember the policy without a reminder, so I recommend citing chapter and verse.

TYVM for linking that.

It's gonna be a fun time

On the old Grid

Tonight.  :)

(i've been looking at a doughnut parcel with an exorbitant price)

• 1 year later...

Just like in the real world some sellers set high price cause they klnow if they wait long enough somebody not too smart or desparate for that property will come along and break open the bank to purchase it, but i say they can keep it. Just like domanin names in RL all the corporate rich folks can buy them all and constantly pay on them and after a while many of them will go broke eventually

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.