Ownership?

Alya Kiyori

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4216 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just bought this nice little parcel in Whitesun. I bought it mainly because it has a little beach on it, and I have a cute little innertube that I like to ride, the sound and the view are relaxing. When I got the land, I even made the beach on my property bigger, so I would have room for the innertube and any other pretties that I have. My problem is, when I go to put the innertube down, it says I cannot do it because the owner of the next parcel over does not allow it. I'm in Whitesun, and the parcel is in the next region over. I know where my property lines are, and I'm not going over my line. But it refuses to place anything in the water at all. I have no problems with my objects on my land. I guess what I want to know, is if someone can have complete control over the water and what is placed on it. I'm not sure what else I can be doing wrong. I overpaid for my mainland and pay my tier fees to LL, so I'm sure I'm not renting it. Thanks for any advice. ~Kien

Edited to add that I also have way more than enough prims, so it's not that.

That's strange, I went to your place and rezzed a prim in the water and it worked just fine.

Perhaps the object that you wish to rez is too big, and when you rez it, it overlaps into your neighbours parcel and automatically gets sent back to you for approaching.

Try rezzing it and then manually moving it into the water, making sure you do not go over the parcel border.

Also, I would advise you to dissallow anyone being able to rez stuff in your land, you can disallow it by going to about land, options, and unticking build for everyone.

Rezzing over or onto the water has been a little flaky lately. The "selection beam" may be going through the water and hitting your neighbor's property, or it be something else. In any event, the water's all yours; you may have to drag things in after rezzing on the land but they'll stay in the water once you get them there. "Wear and drop" might work too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4216 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.