How do I get a new magic box?

Fred Allandale

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4214 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

I differ from Rolig on this one.  The Marketplace is SO messed up these days, and the Commerce Team does not seem to be willing or able to fix the problems, only introduce new ones.  The recent overbilling of merchants for enhancements to their listings, in which the "fix" first refunded the excess charges and then billed for them again is, for me, the last straw.

I'd recommend using the MP as little as possible...minimal listings, no enhancements.  Set up and promote an in world store instead.

Actually, I don't disagree with that at all, Lindal. I maintain an in-world shop myself and I do virtually all of my own personal shopping in world, using Marketplace simply as a catalog to give me an idea of where to start looking in world. I will not buy from a merchant who does not have an in-world shop. That said, the OP's question was about getting a Magic Box, not about whether Marketplace itself was a smart idea. Given the choice between a Magic Box and Direct Delivery, I'd rather go with DD. It has its own constellation of problems, but I see it as an improvement over Magic Boxes.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4214 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.