Sim rebake bug causing more spam

Lydia Craig

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Here is a new bug we found.  Several days ago my business partner and myself were both hit with sim rebake request repeatedly.  Each time the rebake failed and this continued til we both crashed. When we reuturned to sl the bug continued but we ignored it and reported it to live chat and agreed to watch for a recurrance and report our finding.  Live chat then restarted the sim and thing returned to normal, but we noticed that over the last few days allocated memory escalate dratically from a normal 80 after the restart to 255 tonight.  Also I noted that after the rebake spam begain it jumped to 355 and then went down to 251 after we crashed.  As agreed I contacted live chat gave the information to JonothanM and asked for another rebake and was told we could not have one since we had had one recently.  Obviously this person did not listen to the information I gave him or, if he did did not understand it, and certainly did not look at the case notes on this issue which I assume were taken after the first incident.  This issue needs serious investigation since obvious a serious problem is going on with this server and is not threatening to cripple it completely.  Unfortunately, no one seems interested in dealing with it so I am brining it to your attention in hopes someone may encourage engineering to fix this mess before it srpeads to other servers.

Everytime someone moves an item, deletes an item or rezzes an item that impacts the navmesh on the parcel you'll get a "region rebake" button appearing. It goes away on its own after a minute or two if you don't do anything. If you happen to click on it to rebake the region you won't notice anything has happened since it's the navmesh that is updated.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.