ITEMS DELIVERED & NO PAYMENT

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thanks Fred, I have all but one box moved to DD now, so if this happens again at least I will not know anything about it, since we do not get those pesky notices when something is delivered. 

I understand that mistakes happen and things malfunction. This happens to my things.  But when it does I literally drop everything -- come inworld immediately if needed -- and fix the item on the spot. I don't hide behind some "warranty" as an explanation for why I am not doing the job I was contracted to do.

What bothers me is that in order to collect my money I had to do the Commerce Team's job for them, and as you know it is awkward to have to go around asking to be paid, esp after someone has gotten somethng free. You know probably not everyone is going to do it, and that leaves a bad taste for all concerned.  

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Y'know .. this gives me a great idea for a new product. It'll be called the "MIraculous Box".

You put all your products in it. Then anyone can come by, touch it and pick which one they want from the menu. It will instantly give them the product for free and then send you an IM telling you who took what product. (Of course I'll limit them to selecting 10 items at once, then randomly pick a few out to not deliver even though they chose them.)

Then you can go around to the people and ask them to pay you the full price.

I oughta sell a bazillion of 'em! Won't that be MIRACULOUS!?

Pamela Galli wrote:

Actually I already invented a box like that!  All you do is put a Give Contents script in the box instead of Give Notecard!  :matte-motes-oh-rly:

Rats! Always gotta be someone beating me to the best ideas. *massive-over-dramatized-sigh*

PS: *hugz*

Pamela Galli wrote:

Today I heard back from the last of them -- all cheerfully paid in full :-)

WOOT!! (does the Happy Dance .. and freaks my wife out that I could move my hips like that .. still. *GRIN*)

PS: Are you gonna send the 5% to Commerce Linden? (Just askin ... and ducking!!) LOL

Pamela Galli wrote:

Today I heard back from the last of them -- all cheerfully paid in full :-)

Oh really? i'd never thought to ask. i'm not so audacious i guess.

proof SL residents are always more surprisingly good natured than thought. really nice people here, if only Lindens hadn't become so shabby over the years...

Next time I see these payment errors pop up again maybe I will pipe up & ask them nicely to pls pay me. its a shame nothing works consistently here anymore (except for inworld shopping) what a failure of commerce (and everything else) Linden Lab turned out to be :catindifferent:

I have been having a little discussion in the Support Ticket I filed, which was reopened so the Linden handling it could congratulate me on having collected payment from all customers. I stated that I should not have had to do it -- for the $2500 USD I give LL each month, it is not unreasonable to expect to be treated like I treat my best customers (ie go above and beyond to show appreciation). In reply she said she would forward my remarks to the Commerce Team (which presumably would find them amusing). My reply:

"Here's more:  Recently with the introduction of pathfinding LL broke a phantom script that resulted in making all doorways in my houses impassable if someone linked or unlinked anything in the house. This meant I had to either redo the physics type of all prims in a house, then rebox, replace in vendor, and erplace on Marketplace every one of my 50 houses OR tell customers it was not my fault, I am not responsible, and sucks to be you.  Guess which one I chose?" 

Now there may be some things LL breaks that I cannot fix. But if I can fix something, my belief is that the customer bought something that functions, and I will do what I can to see to it that it continues to do so.

I got another reply saying in effect, you should have known about Magic Box problems, so your fault.  

My response:

"Here's the deal -- and feel free to refer to my thread about professional communication to customers -- I keep pretty well informed but was not aware that one of the risks of Magic Boxes is that they will send out merchandise and then refund to buyers. Altho most of my stuff was already migrated to DD, trust me if I knew that Magic Boxes might send out my things as freebies I would have been in a bigger hurry to switch. It has certainly never happened to me in almost five years. It might have been a known issue to you and a few of your customers, but it is certainly not widely known. Why? 

Write down the reasons to move to DD, including how the Magic Boxes will malfunction and make a sticky. I bet every single person using Magic Boxes who now knows that they will give away merchandise free, will be migrating to DD in the very near future -- because they learned something new about them. 

There is a lot of data about various bugs in the JIRAs -- and the bug reports that we are not allowed to see -- but you are the one who is aware of them all and so you need to collate the data to its essential points and make it easily accessible to end users. 

Once you have clearly communicated the risks of the Magic Boxes, then you can point to it and say "See? You should have known." 

Please point me to the JIRA about Magic Boxes sending out merchandise for free."

I tried to find a JIRA for this particular Magic Box bug but a search of Magic Box turns up hundred of JiRAs.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.