Land rights

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create private group for your land. Make the group the land owner. This will give you lot more options on how to control these aspects on your land. Invite your ALT to the group for her to be able to build and stuff in your land.

Edit: And you can also give your alt ability to directly edit all your objects no matter on what land they are or what group they are set/shared.

I don't know about alts, but I guess it would be the same for giving friends rights? You just have to check the small squares besides the name of the particular friend in your profile, and he now has the rights to build, edit and so on. It is more simple than to make a group, I think.

• 1 year later...

She needs to have editing and building rights.

Those are two different things -- at least.

The thing you can change in your profile affects her ability to edit objects you've already created (and is frustratingly unpredictable as to what it actually permits her to do.

The thing you'd do by having a common group affects what's permitted on the land itself, which may include the permission to "build" -- rez new objects on the parcel from the Build tool or from Inventory.

Group membership may also include editing the terrain itself (along with a host of other parcel settings), so maybe that's what you meant by "edit."

Incidentally, I quite agree that deeding the land to a group is almost always better than any alternative, but technically it's possible to get what you're probably wanting, for now, by just setting the land to a group shared by you and your alt, and adjusting parcel permissions as necessary, while still retaining individual ownership of the land.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.