Objects Vanishing Inworld

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3946 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't just mean not being able to see them, or to see parts of them, which I have noticed also. I mean, they are gone. I had heard reports of this in the Conceirge group over the past week, but was not concerned because almost everything I have inworld I have a copy of in inventory. EXCEPT my subscriber kiosk with customer names stored in it, which I stupidly failed to take a backup copy of for the last few months. Now I have lost 1000 names. 

Oh and it is not in inventory, trash, or Lost and Found. 

Between this and the recent breaking of an entire sim of content, I am just fried. If anyone has any idea how to proceed -- any idea if LL has any way to recover the missing kiosk -- please let me know!

Are you on a LeTigre sim, Pamela?  Something went drastically wrong this week with the deploy on LeTigre sims, and they did have to have some emergency maintenance work carried out.

Just looking through the transcripts from this week's user group with Oskar Linden.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Beta_Server_Office_Hours/Minutes/2012-10-04

I really don't know whether you can recover these objects. They did do a sim rollback for all 1200 LeTigre regions, so you would think these objects would not be gone altogether. Did you ask about this in the Second Life Beta group inworld? I'm sorry I don't have a great answer for you; frankly this situation left me more than a little bewildered; a reminder of how fragile our world is.

Thanks for the replies!

I am going to ask for a sim rollback.

I am not on Le Tigre.

I have only seen things vanish like this once before -- I mean vanish from inworld never to be seen again -- so was remiss about backing up my subscriber, thinking nothing could happen to it. 

• 8 months later...

Hello..the same thing happend the other day.. I rezz a pier..went offline for a few..came back and its gone..I check my lost and found, check my folder, nothing! nada! Now reading that a sim roll should have taken   place within 24 hours, then i will have to say bye bye to my pier. :mansad:

Simi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3946 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.