Griefer's damage continues; no word from support and need help

Nikilei

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4219 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I had a griefer on my island a week ago. I filed a report but heard nothing. I noticed things didn't seem to be working anymore; HUD's, animation already installed quit, but worst, yesterday I flew over my homestead and saw that it was disappering piece by piece. It is almost gone now.  I found out because a friend sad that he could hear the sound of cannons going off when he tried to teleport [that doesn't work anymore either]. The griefer came in in a cowboy outfit, set off about 5 rockets; threatened me, said he was going to take my land from me; just abusive things. I'm standing there trying to figure out what to do and being new, I wasn't ready to deal with an attack. I did finally ban him; got his name [he is still listed in SL]; and even after reporting the disappearing island to SL, nothing has been done.  They expect me to pay for this? I feel so violated. I don't know what else to do.

I'm sorry for being late; I took a break from SL for awhile and didn't see your reply.

It was an abuse report or the one you can file immediately after the attack. I have been using those. 

I hope I answer everything correctly.  I own the island and the homestead next to it. It's the homestead that is being affected. It also has another name than the island.  When I went into "about this land" and all the other options, I couldn't get the the name of the homestead to make any changes. I wasn't able to teleport to it. I tried flying over and ran into a barrier which stopped me from getting to the land and also made my avatar act beserk; had to shut down to stop it.  

There is a red beam coming from the land which I read was a script. I tried to get to the scripts from there; even tried going into my region; my estate, any place where I could gain access.  I wasn't able to find it to be able to get in and look at the scripts. Now, I haven't even begun to develope the land yet; it's totally bare. There would't have been many scripts would there? 

Items on the main island that I can get to [that is where he landed and set off all these rockets]; I am having trouble there also but that is more action, animation problems, but there is some land shape changes that I'm not doing.

I hope that I have covered everything.  

I did finally get a person after adding what was happening to a support ticket that was for something totally different. That is when I was told to go in and change the scripts, I told them I couldn't and for them to please go in and do it. I am waiting now to see what happens.

Thank you and everyone for your help.  This is an awful experience and one I wasn't expecting nor protecting myself from; I thought avatars were the only items at risk.

1 answer to this question

Hallo, again Nikilei (I responded on your later post first). 

The report you filed against the griefer - was it a support ticket that you filed, or an abuse report inworld?

It should be an abuse report inworld, but you will not hear anything from Linden Lab, except for a confirmation email that they have received the report. 

You sound extremely bewildered by your experience, which I was when I first encountered a griefer.  Let's see what we can do to sort out your problem. 

Can I just ask, do you own your own sim?  And when you are trying to teleport back into your sim, you say you are unable to now?  What message comes up on your screen when you try to teleport in?  It could be that Linden Lab are in the process of restarting the sim, and maybe it has not come back up yet. 

Please add more to your original post.  It maybe that you have several issues going on at once, some not relating to the griefing incident, and you are needing some additional help from elsewhere.

I will return to this thread within the hour.

And other responses may also follow.

Please do not be too worried. You will overcome this, and start to enjoy SL more.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4219 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.