Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Kert Upshaw

STOP THE SPAMMING

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2863 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

If Second Life will not stop the spamming when using this site i do think many will stop using

this site. I Do Not! need a coupon, if i did i would come look for it. If you offer coupons do not stop

i as many others will stop using the exchange and this site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you explain what you are referring too? 

Honest, I don't think I get more than one E Mail every other month from SL.  Probably less than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Perrie Juran wrote:

Can you explain what you are referring too? 

Honest, I don't think I get more than one E Mail every other month from SL.  Probably less than that.

 

Same here. I've gotten like two over the last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, good. I had no idea what the OP meant either. Nice to know it isn't just me. About the only things I get from SL are the quarterly messages to let me know they've billed me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Dillon Levenque wrote:

Well, good. I had no idea what the OP meant either. Nice to know it isn't just me. About the only things I get from SL are the quarterly messages to let me know they've billed me.

Ditto me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there has been a lot of spammers here in the forums, the moderation team usually get the spam out in a short time.

we can not stop the spammers from creating an account and bring more spam, but what we can do is to report the spam as soon as we see it.

and i agree, i dont need their offers either, if i want their offers, i will go and look for them elsewhere, not here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If  you are talking about pop ups that spam you that is not SL's fault.  That is something on your computer or in your browser.  You have to deal with that.  LL can do nothing.  You have to find the source of it and get rid of it from your computer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I joined SL 6 years ago, I was very worried about spam.  But to my ongoing surprise, my SL email account has never had a single spam message sent to it, at leas none that dont get filtered out without comment by Google mail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I've been hoping the OP would come back and respond to my query.

I have a few possible suspicions.

1.  The OP is an International user who is using a third party exchange that is spamming them.

2.  The OP has offline IM's set to go to E Mail and doesn't realize that there is a setting in preferences that allows them to control it.

3.  Or that the OP has picked up a Trojan that is spoofing a lot of stuff.

I really was hoping they'd come back and respond.

Regardless, while I know people can get bent out of shape, I do too at times, I still don't understand why they think posting you muthaf%^&^%&rkin idiots is going to get them better results rather than saying, "I have a problem, is there some way to fix it?"  Just my two cents here.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Perrie Juran wrote:

Well, I've been hoping the OP would come back and respond to my query.

I have a few possible suspicions.

1.  The OP is an International user who is using a third party exchange that is spamming them.

2.  The OP has offline IM's set to go to E Mail and doesn't realize that there is a setting in preferences that allows them to control it.

3.  Or that the OP has picked up a Trojan that is spoofing a lot of stuff.

I really was hoping they'd come back and respond.

Regardless, while I know people can get bent out of shape, I do too at times,
I still don't understand why they think posting you muthaf%^&^%&rkin idiots is going to get them better results rather than saying, "I have a problem, is there some way to fix it?" 
Just my two cents here.

 

 

 

Seems some people just want to vent... and go .. ! :matte-motes-sour:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Echo Hermit wrote:

 

Seems some people just want to vent... and go .. ! :matte-motes-sour:

Some? Or the vast majority? :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

80% :matte-motes-frown:

I saw the 'thread of the day' was pulled yesterday, no doubt because of her very bad attitude. Let's say no more about it. 

I am going to polish my ego now. :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2863 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...