Virtual friends of Second life!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4210 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Some friends of mine, Blueeyes, Lenni, Hot, Merlin, Lady, and myself were sitting around the other day chewing the fat, talking about anything that came up, and the subject came up "It would me nice to meet up in RL."  Lady Lenni and I have met up in RL!  At the Secondlife Convention!  (Was no convention this year.  Sad  )  So Blueeyes formed a group.  The RLMVF group, (Real life meeting virtual friends) and we have planned on a first event.  A cruise!  WHEN   MAY 12   4 day CRUISE!  Leaving  Port Canaveral FL, with Carnival Cruise Lines Destination, Freeport and Nassau.  So as Lenni told me "We wish for a place and time that all us Secondlifers can meet in real life..get a hug without having to click "yes to animate" first, and have a great time!  The cruise is aboard the Carnival Sensation.

sencation.jpg

So if you are interested, Contact me Hippie Bowman in-world with a notecard or leave me a private message and I will send you a notecard with all the details about the cruise!  Far out!

Peace!

Sounds great, but in this economy, how many ppl are going to spend money on a cruise?  Plus you have to have your visa, passport, lots of money, and be able to sign your first born male child over to the government if you want to get back in to USA since you will be going into international waters and other countries borders.  You might be better served going someplace else that stays right here INSIDE the the USA borders and not so expensive as a cruise.

Sounds like a really good idea. But it brings to mind what I have always suspected, SL is a rich mans game. When I lived in Cape Canaveral I was a two minute walk from the beach and a ten minute drive to the port. I really liked it there. But here is an idea for you, get with Carnival and see if you can talk them into making a virtual cruse on one of there ships, live feeds and that kind of thing, and we can go there every day. They could even charge an entrance fee to get on the ship. Oh, and Port Canaveral has nothing to do with Orlando, they are not even close to each other. Carnival may have an office there but then they have offices in many towns. But good luck with the cruse, I do think its a very good idea and sounds like fun.

namssab1nad Piers wrote:

Sounds great, but in this economy, how many ppl are going to spend money on a cruise?  Plus you have to have your visa, passport, lots of money, and be able to sign your first born male child over to the government if you want to get back in to USA since you will be going into international waters and other countries borders.  You might be better served going someplace else that stays right here INSIDE the the USA borders and not so expensive as a cruise.

You may be right namssab1nad, but we already have quit a group that are going.  If you are interested, I will send you the details.  Maybe next year a get together on land would be good huh?  Thanks for your interest namssab1nad.

Peace!

Teagan Tobias wrote:

Sounds like a really good idea. But it brings to mind what I have always suspected, SL is a rich mans game. When I lived in Cape Canaveral I was a two minute walk from the beach and a ten minute drive to the port. I really liked it there. But here is an idea for you, get with Carnival and see if you can talk them into making a virtual cruse on one of there ships, live feeds and that kind of thing, and we can go there every day. They could even charge an entrance fee to get on the ship. Oh, and Port Canaveral has nothing to do with Orlando, they are not even close to each other. Carnival may have an office there but then they have offices in many towns. But good luck with the cruse, I do think its a very good idea and sounds like fun.

Thank you Teagan.  I will send you the details if you wish. 

Peace!

That sounds wonderful......for the what?   Less than 20% - if that - of SL who could not only attend but also afford it?

We in the western world are in a greater, longer depression than the '30's.

I wonder how many genuine, RL' hippies' could dream of such nonchalence regarding such a trip?

I will be honest, at first I thought it a satirical leg pull until I read the entire post.

It must be nice.  

Your idea is well intended, no doubt, but I detect a certain detachment from reality for most of us on SL.

Let them eat cake :matte-motes-wink:

Hippie!, 

This is great!   I wish I could go, but alas...  I am sure I will not be able to make it.  IF, however, you all ever decide to meet in Las Vegas or something...  that I could do!!  :cattongue:

Have a great time, and I will enjoy the pictures!!  hehe

Sigren Panthar wrote:

That sounds wonderful......for the what?   Less than 20% - if that - of SL who could not only attend but also afford it?

We in the western world are in a greater, longer depression than the '30's.

I wonder how many genuine, RL' hippies' could dream of such nonchalence regarding such a trip?

I will be honest, at first I thought it a satirical leg pull until I read the entire post.

It must be nice.  

Your idea is well intended, no doubt, but I detect a certain detachment from reality for most of us on SL.

Let them eat cake :matte-motes-wink:

Yes indeed.  The absence of the convention this year is what prompted us to start it.  Thank you for your interest!

Peace!

Cali Souther wrote:

Hippie!, 

This is great!   I wish I could go, but alas...  I am sure I will not be able to make it.  IF, however, you all ever decide to meet in Las Vegas or something...  that I could do!!  :cattongue:

Have a great time, and I will enjoy the pictures!!  hehe

Awww!  Maybe we can plan a trip to Vegas in the future!

Peace!

This sounds really fun but I will be away for the entire month of May next year.   I love cruises, what a great way to meet up with friends!  And cruises are much much cheaper than they were years ago!  They are pretty do-able if you plan ahead and save!  Oh and you can request an inside cabin, they are small and don't have windows but they are much cheaper and how much time do you really spend in your room!?

Have fun all!

FairuzaB wrote:

This sounds really fun but I will be away for the entire month of May next year.   I love cruises, what a great way to meet up with friends!  And cruises are much much cheaper than they were years ago!  They are pretty do-able if you plan ahead and save!  Oh and you can request an inside cabin, they are small and don't have windows but they are much cheaper and how much time do you really spend in your room!?

Have fun all!

That where I am staying FairuzaB.  In steerage!  HEHE.  So looking forward to it!

Peace!

Kaidin Ulrik wrote:

i'm totally down for this one and am in much need of a vacation... i'm hoping by early 2013 i'll have a new position that pays well enough to go.... i'll try and put money away until then, either way it goes wicked ideaer!!

Very cool Kaidin.  We will get you some info very soon!

Peace!

Times are hard on us all financially, I agree..but I can't wait to meet on this cruise! It's about 300 per person if you share a room with someone..150 down holds the room, and you have until march to pay it off. Once on board food and fun is free! I am saving up and will make it happen. For all the time I have spent in SL, this is my treat to myself :)

Love you all and hope you can make it!

I won't be able to make this cruise but I see you're stopping at Nassau.  The wife and I honeymooned on a cruise and that was one of our stops.  If they still have it, I recommend the dolphin encounter at the Atlantis resort.  We got to touch/kiss the dolphin and got our pictures taken with it.  Plus the resort has a very cool “lazy” river and some wicked water slides.  The only downfall is that the walkways go every which way and it gets confusing, LOL.

There's no way I could afford such an extravagance but seeing how you're [literally] pushing the boat out I can offer my services as a virtual entertainer. You'll need a video projector or two at your club on the boat and one avatar per video projector logged in at my SL venue while the performance is in progress. If you do take me up on my offer I'd appreciate it if you'd pay / tip nicely seeing how you can afford to go on pleasure cruises while I struggle to pay my RL bills & find enough money to buy food.

Alazarin Mondrian wrote:

There's no way I could afford such an extravagance but seeing how you're [literally] pushing the boat out I can offer my services as a virtual entertainer. You'll need a video projector or two at your club on the boat and one avatar per video projector logged in at my SL venue while the performance is in progress. If you do take me up on my offer I'd appreciate it if you'd pay / tip nicely seeing how you can afford to go on pleasure cruises while I struggle to pay my RL bills & find enough money to buy food.

YAY Alazarin!  Thank you for the offer!

Peace!

Sorry to pur cold water on your cruise meet but I have a MUCH better idea! Organise a bring-your-own-sandwiches SuperMeet in Bradford, Yorkshire, England. It's approximately mid-way between the far east and the far west, so everyone can come, and it has the distinct advantage that I'd only have a short walk to get to it. What do you think?

I"m not rich either but I can tell you  any money that was spent on a vacation was well worth it.  This cruise is very reasonable when you consider you are NOT paying for hotel, meals in addition to a convention cost. NOW if you drink booze  it COULD get expensive but that  IS a controllable expense  grins.   If anyone  would like to know more about  the cruise IM me and I can give more info etc etc.  

Lenni Foxtrot wrote:

Times are hard on us all financially, I agree..but I can't wait to meet on this cruise! It's about 300 per person if you share a room with someone..150 down holds the room, and you have until march to pay it off. Once on board food and fun is free! I am saving up and will make it happen. For all the time I have spent in SL, this is my treat to myself
:)

Actually $300 per person for a nice vacation isn't expensive at all. I spend more on that for a weekend trip to the beach staying in some craptastic hotel. I'd love to go on a cruise, but I think if I spent my vacation with SL peeps I hardly know instead of my husband and kids, I would be disowned.

Deja Letov wrote:

Lenni Foxtrot wrote:

Times are hard on us all financially, I agree..but I can't wait to meet on this cruise! It's about 300 per person if you share a room with someone..150 down holds the room, and you have until march to pay it off. Once on board food and fun is free! I am saving up and will make it happen. For all the time I have spent in SL, this is my treat to myself
:)

Actually $300 per person for a nice vacation isn't expensive at all. I spend more on that for a weekend trip to the beach staying in some craptastic hotel. I'd love to go on a cruise, but I think if I spent my vacation with SL peeps I hardly know instead of my husband and kids, I would be disowned.

LOL Deja!  We don't bit.  Hard that is!  HEHEH

Peace!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4210 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.