Sign in to follow this  
Endless808

cloudy sky

Question

It could be a custom setting. Your best bet would be to ask the region owners who had that sky.

You can also try reproducing that effect yourself under your windlight settings.

6 answers to this question

It could be a custom setting. Your best bet would be to ask the region owners who had that sky.

You can also try reproducing that effect yourself under your windlight settings.

Hiya Endless.  As Charlotte said it could've been anything really -- premade and downloaded or custom by the owner of the sim. The only one that comes immediately to mind of my downloaded windlights would be AnaLu. outdoor night.

If you want to make your own night setting, just open your Sky Preset tab and go into Clouds (I use Exodus and Nirans, not sure what it would be in for Firestorm or the Official Viewer etc). make sure the cloud color is something very light, slide the cloud coverage bar down and move the Cloud Scroll X or Cloud Scroll Y slider-bars depending on which way and how fast you want the clouds to move. :}

Thanks charlotte and kobuk I will try it when I get online tonight BTW really like your pics on your avi u have on here really nice job :)) have an awesome day thankies so much *huggies* <3

Basically, yes, if they have that option activated in their viewers, see:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Managing-Private-Regions/ta-p/700115#Section_.10

Region environment settings provide region managers the ability to customize the environment settings for their region. For example, a gothic castle might have a dark and gloomy environment, or a tropical island might be always bright and sunny. Residents who enter the region automatically see those settings unless they have chosen personal overrides