Missing textures

Casandra Kumsung

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I got a complaint from a customer that something I sold was missing a couple of textures. It happened to be something I sell a lot of and I IM the other customers and they said nothing was missing.  I opened my copy and it was missing textures, I got the one from the magic box and it was also missing textures.  I had to find the original texture file and redo it.  And send the object to the customer, then put it in the magic box.  What happened?

I am now in direct delivery but I do not think it had anything to do with that since my copy was missing them too.

Every now an then something is missing a texture. No it is not because I used a temporary upload. I considered that and that is why I im the other people some purchased after and some before and I made no changes to it in a long while.

Seems to be ok now but it is a bother.

Casandra Kumsung wrote:

I got a complaint from a customer that something I sold was missing a couple of textures. It happened to be something I sell a lot of and I IM the other customers and they said nothing was missing.  I opened my copy and it was missing textures, I got the one from the magic box and it was also missing textures.  I had to find the original texture file and redo it.  And send the object to the customer, then put it in the magic box.  What happened?

I am now in direct delivery but I do not think it had anything to do with that since my copy was missing them too.

Every now an then something is missing a texture. No it is not because I used a temporary upload. I considered that and that is why I im the other people some purchased after and some before and I made no changes to it in a long while.

Seems to be ok now but it is a bother.

I'd like to know what causes that as well.  I had that happen with a hunt gift that I am 100% sure was all textured correctly when I boxed it and set it inside the hunt object in my store.  This was not a delivery issue ie. not being sold on the MP.

About halfway into the hunt, I rezzed the item to show a friend and was horrified to see one of the pillows was untextured.  I had received no complaints so, thinking it could be a fluke, sent a copy to a friend who also got the missing texture issue.

I retextured, swaped the new set for what was in the hunt item and notified the hunt organizer so he could notifify the hunters. 

I've had that happen to one outfit I purchased some time ago. I hadn't worn it in almost a year, but when I tried it on, some of the attachments were missing textures and one clothing article was missing its texture as well. The clothing was replaced with a solid black and the attachments had weird multi-colored textures.

My suspicion was that in the giant universe of (supposedly) unique IDs that are assigned to all assets (and each texture is a single asset with its own supposedly unique ID) that there had been a collision. However some months later, having forgotten about the borkage from before, I pulled out the outfit again and put it on. The attachments were corrected but the fabric texture was still all black. That sort of eliminates the collision/duplicate ID theory but doesn't fully support an "Asset Server Failure" theory either.

At any rate, glad you got it sorted. But from my experience it should happen VERY very seldom.

I've had this happen before on an old account when it was from on someone's land. If your using viewer 2 for your main viewer, the way i figured out how to fix that was to reinstall the viewer then i was fine after that. Didn't have any problems after that. I'm not sure if that will help you out but, you can always try that. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.